I am AMIT from NIT PATNA. My branch is ECE. NTPC Ltd. has visited our college on 10-09-2007 and has taken 21 students from different branches: ECE-6, Mech.-5, Civil-5, Electrical-5.
There was no written test, only interview (HR + Technical). There were 4 members in the interview panel.
Interview of ECE students were conducted from 7:45 pm onwards. I was the first student from ECE branch to face them so I was having no idea of the questions that were going to be asked.
The questions they asked me were :
1. Tell me about yourself, your family background and your academic details.
2. Any co-curricular activity?
3. If you were given opportunity to go abroad will you accept it?
4. What subjects you have read in these six semesters?
5. What is the role of electronics and communication in Power Plants?
6. What are Transducers?
7. How will you measure and display the temperature of a body?
8. What should be the capacity of the device you are using for measurement?....
The interview lasted for around 10-15 minutes. The results were announced at around 10 pm and they had selected 21 students and I was among those 21.