Mindtree Interview Experience - Hyderabad & 9th August 2017
1) Written round with Amcat pattern.
2) Automata round (coding) from Amcat.
3) Technical round.
4) HR round.
It's like a ladder, you need to clear one round in order to get through the next one.
1) Written- You can easily score high if you practice from previous amcat papers. Basic questions from R.S. Agarwal. If you get shortlisted you will have a coding round from amcat.
2) Automata- The automata round will have 2 questions time limit being 60 min, I got to wap to find gcd and the other was to alternate sort. If you do one question correctly (with their given test cases), you will clear this round.
3) Technical round- My interview was at C.V.R. college, Hyderabad. It totally depends on the interviewer what questions he/she may ask. My panel had Mr. Khan and when you enter be loud and clear, "May I come in sir". He greeted me with a handshake and make sure you do a firm handshake, without any sweaty hand because often we experience cold and sweaty hands before our interview. A firm(not so tight) shows the confidence in you. Here is our convo:
Me: "Good afternoon sir!"
TR: Good afternoon have a seat
*I sat politely without making any ruckus.*
TR: So, Sarthak, where are you from?
Me: Sir, steel city of Odisha, Rourkela.
TR: Wow, I didn't know about that. Ok tell me about yourself including your project and what you did in your academic years.
Me: Sure sir. *Told* *Make sure you tell confidently and boast about your work and your project*
TR(Impressed): That's a nice resume you have. What is your favourite subject?
Me: Sir, C programming.
*Mindtree is more inclined towards java, but its upto you what is your favourite subject*
TR: Okay, WAP to reverse a string without using predefined functions.
Me: I wrote the program using pointers. You can use any method you like, but explain him properly.
TR: Tell me about Mindtree.
*Mindtree's trick to getting into interview is to learn everything about Mindtree*
Me: Told about founders, date, why it is compatible with me, work environment, etc.
He didn't ask me from automata, but they generally ask you from the programs you had done, so be prepared.
He then asked basic questions from dbms and oops. Told. (As I said, it depends on the interviewer, they may ask from java too).
TR: Any questions you want to ask?
Me: (i)When can we expect call from the company if I get selected (ii) I want to learn about you, can you tell me something about yourself.
*He told about himself. I was really impressed*
TR: I have done my part. It was nice to meet you.
After few minutes I was called to another panel. He asked about Mindtree and I told. He then told I am selected for HR round.
Since there were lot of candidates the HR did 1:3 interview- 1 panel, 3 students.
He asked few questions like what extra have you done for your coding, ready to relocate etc.
After few days I got an email from Mindtree that I am selected.
Folks, whatever you say, speak it with confidence. Don't get carried away. All the best and may God be with you.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.