SATYAM GD & INTERVIEW - WARANGAL
My Written exam was on 17 Aug 06 at Jayamukhi Inst of technology, Warangal. I think till now everybody knows the pattern of written exam. Ours consisted of 15 questions to be answered in 30 min.There were nearly 8 questions of reasoning type and remaining were of aptitude. It is enough to get 9 or 10 question correct. since most of the times the cutoff is between 7 to 10.Sometimes it is as low as 4, but these are rare cases. My suggestion for u is to go for aptitude part first since the reasoning type questions eats a lot of time. Generally the reasoning questions are in the starting and aptitude r at the last of the paper. There is a negative marking also so be cautious to tick only the answer u know correctly.
Coming to preparation R.S Aggrawal s books r more then enough.
In our center nearly 1171 people wrote the exam and out of them 367 were short listed for GD.
We didn t have our GD and interview on the same day. They later informed us through mail that it is on 2 September.
On 2 September we had to attend Gd at vagdevi engineering college warangal. totaly there were 367 member from our center and 296 from Bhadrachalam center. This means there were 663 people for GD. We were asked to get into the seminar hall at 10 am and they started calling people from 10:15. I was called for GD at 11. We were 10 members in a group. Before entering into the room we decided that if the HR asks us to choose a topic then we will go for "Ban of cellphones in Colleges". Every one agreed to it. As soon as we entered into the room the hr asked us to sit down. I was the next person sitting to hr.
He asked us to choose a topic. I did a mistake here. I immediately said that we will go for the above topic. He asked us why that topic? And I again made a mistake by saying that we have already decided it. Then the hr said that since we have decided it earlier he wants to change it and we had to agree with him. (So if u has also decided in advance act for a minute as u r discussing for the topic and then tell him.) But on the day god was on my side. He has given us a much easier topic "Environmental pollution". We all agreed to it. he gave us time to write down the points and asked us to start. Now this was the real action time.
I started the discussion and spoke for a minute. But I was surprised there was nobody trying to interrupt me. So I gave my points and politely said that I would like to have points from the others. (+ point for me). A few of the group members spoke then I again introduce a new point. Then again a little discussion went on. Then I said that now we should discuss the methods to be taken to prevent pollution and gave a few points (+pt). Few other people also added a few points to mine. After this the hr said that it is the time to conclude. but nobody was listening to him and there was a war like situation so I immediately spoke again that it s the time to conclude and let us give a chance to the people who have not spoken to add a few points if they have any (+pt). We had a few points then one of us concluded in the given time. But the hr asked a few of us to conclude individually. And I got another chance to speak. I included all the good points discussed by each member since I was writing them on the paper. (+ pt).
The hr then asked us to leave and wait for the results.
The results were announced at 3:00 and the short listed people were asked to get into the seminar hall
They gave us a resume and said to fill it .It was the standard resume of satyam consisting of all the details including our project work.
Nearly 200 members were selected for interview.
The interview started at 4 pm. There were nearly 6 panels There was no particular panel for technical or hr.The questions asked were random they asked a few tech questions and then hr or as they liked. I was called at 4:30 pm and made to stand outside the panels since the waiting seats were all full. I stood there for and hour after that I got a seat. Sitting there I waited till 9 pm for my turn. though I was called earlier people who were called after me were also interviewed before me. I think I was the in the first 10 people called and in the last 10 to be interviewed. So u must have great patience for it. At 9 pm the interviewer called me into his room. as soon as I entered his room he asked me "how r u?" Though I was in not a good position (Since I was hungry and tired and in tension), I managed to put a smile on my face and said that I am fine. He offered me a chair and I thanked him and sat down.
He than asked me the following questions
1) So u have done a project. What is its title (My resume was in his hand?)
* sir it is title as customer.....
2) so can u explain me about the project?
* sir it is ........ (explained about the project for 5 min)
3) so what is the front end u used
* VB sir
4) Is that Visual Basic
* yes sir
5) How good r u in VB
* I know the basics of VB. (with a smile)
6) what database u used in project.
* Ms access sir .Since it is easy to use.
7) So what component is used in vb to link to the database?
* ADO sir
8) What is ADO?
* I don t exactly know sir. I said that I have just learnt the basics and I only know that ADO is used to link to database.
9) So what controls have u used in ur project.
* I used command buttons, drop down menus.......
10) so can u tell me the properties the controls?
* mmmmmmmm I don t remember sir.
11) U said that u has done the project and u doesn t know abt it.
* sir I have done the project one and half years back and I can t remember all the things.
12) so there is name, size (he started giving answer)
* ya sir name, size, font, foreground color, background color, datasource name etc (I immediately recollected)
13) So what u know abt databases
* sir we had dbms in our btech 2 year .But I remember the basics only.
* I mean that I remember the basic definitions.
15) what is a primary key?
16) what is normalization?
17) ok fine .What is ur favorite subject
* Operating systems
18) ur favorite OS
* Window XP sir
19) (with smile) What about commands
* I know Unix and Dos .But i am good in dos.
20) so tell me how to copy contents of two files into a third one
* using the copy command. (explained how)
21) So if I use ur logic for copying more then two files will it work?
* I don t know exactly sir but I think no.
22) so what r ur hobbies
* singing, traveling and installing software and hardware sir
23) installing s/w and h/w so what problems u have seen
* sir recently a new virus has been found which restarts the system frequently. I have seen this problem in recent days, Besides the h/w failure is an evergreen problem.
24) ok fine. so thank u kartik.u can leave now and wait for the results.
Tips for interview
* Be patient since u may have to wait for long time as I was waiting for.
* Be confident in ur answers .If u try to bluff them do it with confidence. Else they will find it out
* maintain eye contact.Infact this become more important when u r bluffing. since if u r staring into his eyes while telling a lie he may think that it is true (though most of the times they don t)
* Answer should be given in a way that it must be appropriate. That is not too short or too lengthy.
* Prepare the things u has mentioned in ur resume perfectly. Most of the questions asked r from the resume itself.
* The last thing is prepare ur subjects well and have faith in god.
The interview was over by 9 : 30. They asked us to get into seminar hall at 10:15pm and the results were announced by 10:45.
Total 90 members were selected at last.
My name was called first and at the moment I felt very happy and thanked the god.
People attended written at warangal: 1172
People attended written at Bhadrachalam: 1200
People short listed for GD at warangal: 367
People short listed for GD at Bhadrachalam: 296
Total for Gd at vagdevi warangal: 663(367+296)
Total short listed for interview: 200
Finally selected: 90