I am Manoj from Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar, Orissa. I attended a POOL campus at College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar on 8th April 2007.
There were 1000+ students from various colleges of orissa.
There were 3 rounds:
C) Interview (technical + HR)
*The written consisted of 15 general aptitude questions, Data interpretation, a program, etc
A few questions:
1) Find the odd man out: EF, AD, BE, EH
2) There are 200 mice. They were divided into two groups of equal size. They were given an equal amount of radiation. First group was allowed to eat unlimited food whereas the second group was allowed to eat only in a limited amount. After the test it was found that of the first group 50 had a disease whereas in the second group only 3 were infected. what is the inference?
3) Find the angle between the hour and minute hands at 17:55?
4) A question on graph, another related to compound interest, one on volume of sphere, one on trains i.e. time and distance, a question to find the next figure in a series, etc.
Around 450+ were selected after written for GD.
Next was the main elimination round i.e. GD. A few topics were
YOUTH CAN HELP ERADICATE CORRUPTION,
LOVE MARRIAGE VS ARRANGED MARRIAGE,
WOMENS R BETTER MANAGERS,etc.
Be careful here, as they may scratch groups which dont maintain gd ethics!!!
186 were selected from this round for PI on 9th April 2007.
A few questions I faced in my interview:
1) Tell me something abt urself
2) Abt my parents and family background
3) Abt my achievements
4) What all subjects u had?
5) Tell me abt TCP/IP, CSMA/CA, OSI Model
6) Tell me abt Bubble sort, Quick sort
7) Abt query optimization.
8) Why SATYAM?
9) R u really going to join SATYAM?
FINALLY I GOT SELECTED. The total selection was 65.