L&T INFOTECH Interview Experience - BANGALORE, SEPTEMBER 17, 2014
Around 600 people attended the drive held at Dayananda sagar college of engineering.
1. First round was aptitude. It consists of 20 verbal, 20 logical, 20 quantitative questions.
For verbal section, I suggest to cover GRE high frequency words meaning (get it in youtube) , which helps a lot to answer synonyms and antonyms questions (around 4 questions based on synonyms and antonyms). Some 4 questions about verbal analogies and few questions about finding grammatical mistakes, ordering of sentences, reading comprehension (about 6 questions from 2 passages).
Logical section consists of logical deductions like syllogism, statements and assumptions, statements and inference, statements and conclusions, direction sense problems, data sufficiency, letter series and coding & decoding. Practice from RS Agarwal verbal and non verbal reasoning. Most of the questions will be taken from above mentioned book.
Quantitative section consists of problems based on ages, trains, time speed and distance, percentage, profit and loss, permutations and combinations, ratios and proportions, data interpretation and time and work.
2. Second round was group discussion. I suggest to put some 2 to 3 relevant points to qualify through group discussion. Look after the body language, tone management and if you get a chance to address first or to conclude group discussion, don't ever miss that chance. And my topic was "Impact of foreign culture on Indian culture".
3. Third round was paragraph writing round. Even though the company mention all rounds are elimination rounds, they don't eliminate anyone from paragraph round. But the paragraph analysis will be done in HR round and if they find that essay is not relevant they may eliminate at HR round. So I suggest to first introduce about the topic given for writing, brief about it in next paragraph and finally conclude it (conclusion is what they will look in paragraph). My topic was "Top 3 social initiatives that can take India a major step towards developed countries".
4. Fourth round was technical round. This round entirely depends on the interviewer. Practice thoroughly basic languages like C, C++. Questions will be asked based on what is mentioned in resume. Make sure that you answer all the questions based on the project/s you have done. I was asked questions based on C (to write program for palindrome and binary search), project I had done.
5. Fifth round was HR round. Be confident to answer all common HR questions like,
- Why l&t?
- What if other company pays you more?
- Tell me about yourself?
- Ready to relocate?
- Where do you want to see yourself 5 years down the line?
Hope my experience will help others. Be smart, Be brave and ALL THE BEST.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.