L&T INFOTECH PATTERN - 25 AUG 2003
This is in addition to N Khanna's mail regd L&T test. The same test is administered to all candidates.
The first part is entirely from this particular book. Look for it at the second hand book sellers. They give you 40 mins for 36 questions. "Advanced Progressive Matrices - JC Raven" http://www.jcravenltd.com/productrpm.htm is the website about this book.
The second part is of 30 minutes and covers various (IMHO irrelevant) topics. Some more questions. Remember all are multiple choice questions with either 4 or 5 options so you have at least a 20-25% chance of being right even if you are clueless. No negative marking.
1. what is an inode in unix?
2. small program in pascal to add a node to a linked list. (You have to tell what the program does)
3. C strcmp program (You have to tell what the program does)
4. set of dos commands testing basic familiarity with dir, ren *.t?t, cd etc.
5. what is the order of binary search?
6. what is the order of strassens matrix multiplication?
7. you have to maintain the sorted order of integers and insert integers . which data structure would you use? (tree, list, queue, array?)
8. There are two lists of integers to be merged. Which method would you not use?
9. In an online database system when is data written to disk? (on pressing enter, when commit or update is encountered, at end of data, all of the above) (was clueless! )
10. Small prolog function which prints 2345true. You need to tell output.
11. Convert this binary into octal. 010 100 101
12. Lisp program given. what does it do? (GCD, LCM, Multiplies mxn?)
13. What is paging?
14. what is segmentation?
15. 2/3 questions on equivalence class, associative and commutative properties.
16. question on poset.
17. one figure given, give regular expression for it (very basic)
Hope it helps, thanks Friends
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.