L&T INFOTECH INTERVIEW PATTERN - DEC 2003 - BANGALORE
the written test pattern of L&T Infotech has been put up here already so i am just going to mention my interview details. my interview was in blore. duration about an hour.
basically the questions are from every single subject you would have covered in your engineering. there were 2 people in the panel that interviewed me, one person was focussing more on software concepts, the other asked me about communication, microwave, control systems.
some of the questions were like:
1) what is a smith chart used for
2) how is impedance matching done and why do we need it (basically can talk about ideal power supply needing a low internal resistance and high load to function properly. so one stage of transistor amplifier has to have low o/p resistance and high i/p resistance for next stage- do look up all basic electronics) ( also about sinking high currents without damage)
3) name all flipflops u know and working esp. master slave.
4) c progaming - program to find how many 1's are present in an integer variable using bitwise operators. something about dynamic allocation, static functions, macros
5) c++ virtual functions
6) what types of control r there
8) though i did mention that i was most comfortable with digital systems, microprocessors, i was asked only one or 2 questions on this topic like what is program counter, stack operation, etc.
9) a lot about final year project.
10) all electives, and subjects mentioned in CV.
11) CV as in most companies, is inspected very carefully during interview. so be careful what u put there lest they ask u something u are not prepared for.
i am sorry i cant remember any other questions but i hope this gives u atleast a rough idea about what subjects to cover.
also ur written test marks are very important. the order in which they call the people also indicates where u stand so try and compensate by doing well in interview if ur name is towards the end of the list. u would improve ur chances i believe.
hr interview was only for around 10 minutes, they call if u have cleared tech interview. they asked about what i had been doing for the past 6 months, my plans, how L&T would help me. why L&T etc. the proceedure in mumbai however was totally different i think. they had GD, and HR interview i hear was gruelling. ur GK(number of states in our country, number of lady CMs in India,etc.) is tested thoroughly.
the form that u are given to fill before the interview, is reqiured to be filled in your neatest handwriting (i really think this is imp.) and do take a lot of trouble to write things that would put u in good light.
lots of luck to all u chennai people trying for L&T Infotech. Though they have a 2 year bond, this company is really worth going for. Do hope this information helps you a bit.
i wish all of the Friends members a really happy and prosperous new year. United in a group such as ours, there is no doubt that we all have many good years to come.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.