ISRO SAMPLE TEST/Previous PAPER ON for SCIENTISTS/ENGINEERS 'SC' IN THE DISCIPLINES OF ELECTRONICS, MECHANICAL AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Here are some of previous year, July 15, 2006, question. Same level of question should be expected for this year as well. As far as Syllabus and exam pattern is concerned, ISRO exam is more or less similar to GATE exam. So one should prepare on the GATE lines.
1. If sampling frequency doubles then
a) Quantization noise decreases
b) Quantization density decreases
c) Quantization noise increases
d) Quantization density increases
2. Two signals of 2GHz and 4GHz are frequency modulated on same carrier 10
GHz. Find the ratio of frequency deviation if band widths of both are equal.
a ) 1:2 b)2:1 c) 1:1 d) 1:4
3. Gray code of 111 is
4. 3X512+7X64+5X8+3 then value in binary form contains _______ number of 1?s.
a) 7 b) 6 c) 9 d) none
5. The 2?s compliment of decimal number 19 in 8-bit system is
6) The high gain codes are
a) Turbo codes b) BCH codes c) R-S codes
7) BCH codes are of the type________
a) Convolutional type b) c)
8) Time constant of LC circuit is
a) L/R b) L/R2 c) RL
9) If R is doubled and C is halved then frequency of series RLC circuit is
10) The solution for the equation (D2+4) y=sin2x