ISRO Question Pattern
Test has 80 questions.
well there are several books available for preparing for ISRO. Any book which is prescribed for the GATE preparation would do sufficiently.
Computer Organization---William Stallings, Morris Mano
Theory of Computation---Aho and Ullman
computer Networks----William Stallings
apart from these for apptitude and General Knowledge Refer some good magazines like CSR, Manorama Year book for GK sample gk questions and R.S Agarwal
Sample questions asked in ISRO board (ECE)
1) How does a satellite communication work?
2) Why numerical methods used in research?
3) Lot of questions in TV engineering like horizontal and vertical frequencies, what will happen if they are reversed, interlaced scanning, PAL and some other questions.
4) Basic digital questions
5) Basic communications like SSB, AM, FM, VSB and what will happen if AM and FM is interchanged in TV transmission.
6) Some questions on project.
Main model of technical question in exam are
Direct theory question.
Direct numerical problem.
Indirect theory and numerical problem.
Graph based questions.
Assertion and reasoning type
Block diagram based (control theory)