Infosys Interview Experience - Gwalior (M.P.), October 2, 2013
I am a student of B.E. in Electronics & Communication from MITS, Gwalior (M.P.)
Infosys campus drive in our college was on October 2 & 3, 2013
Eligibility Criteria-> 60%+ in class 10th and 12th, 6.0 CGPA till then.
1. Written test:
- Logical Reasoning- 30 ques in 40 mins.
- Verbal- 40 ques in 35 mins.
( The level is quite tough, you need to do lots of preparation for that. indiabix.com is a great means practice things )
The one who clear the written test of Infosys with 60% cutoff in LR and 50% cutoff in Verbal, get to step in the next level, i.e. Interview.
1st, there is HR round, then all those who clear the HR round are taken for Technical Round,
They were quite aged HRs. but were very frank.
Entire interview will be about u and from your resume. Ques. will be like:
- Where are you originally from?,
- Tell us something about your family,
- Do you find advantages or disadvantages of being a day scholar?,
- You have mentioned in your resume that you have good leadership skills, where did you show cast your leadership skill?,
- Give a brief about your minor project?,
- How many of you were there in a group for your project?, how did you divide the work?, what all contribution did you had in that?,
- Tell me about your strategy to study for exams,
- Why is there variation in our marks of class 10th and 12th? (although I didn't had much variation, still they asked and I was not at all prepared for this answer, but randomly made one and answered),
- Tell us something about your other interests?
It went on for around 15mins., was a great experience, kept a constant smile on my face, answered everything in fluent and confident english.
Then after 1 hour I was called for Technical Interview:
- OK, lets start with your introduction?,
- Explain your minor project? (I explained it on paper, making entire diagram of it).
- Where can you make use of your project in today's world?
- Will you be able to learn programming languages, and will you be able to compete with students of CS/IT? (said yes, very confidently).
- Will you be able to relocate?
- Why do u want to join IT company (Infosys)?
All this went on for 30mins. I was very much confident throughout the process.
Finally, I got selected. It was a great experience.
Some Interview tips:
- Always remember to keep a smile on your face permanently,
- Look and sound confident,
- Be sure with your answers,
- Don't sound diplomatic,
- Be very good at your communication skills (english),
- You must be clear with your views and ideas,
- There must be clarity in your voice.
They make you very comfortable, so don't get afraid of this. Be comfortable, laugh with them but don't cross your limits, maintain the decorum.
Remember that you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. So, give your best.
See You @Infosys.
All the Best!!
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.