About Aptitude Test : Infosys Placements
(Part -2 )
51. Each man dances with 3 women, Each women dances with 3 men. Among each pair of men they have exactly two women in common. Find the no. of men and women.
52. A survey was taken among 100 people to find their preference of watching t.v. programmes. There are 3 channels. Given no of people who watch at least channel 1, at least channel 2,at least channel 3, no channels at all, at least channels 1 and 3, at least channels 1 and 2, at least channels 2 and 3. Find the no of people who watched all three.
53. A bird keeper has got P pigeon, M mynas and S sparrows. The keeper goes for lunch leaving his assistant to watch the birds. Suppose p=10, m=5, s=8.
a.) When the bird keeper comes back, the assistant informs that x birds have escaped. The bird keeper exclaims oh no! all my sparrows are gone. How many birds flew away.
b.) when the bird keeper come back, the assistant told him that x birds have escaped. The keeper realised that atleast 2 sparrows have escaped. What is minimum no of birds that can escape.
54. Select from the five alternatives A,B,C,D,E. At the end of each question, two conditions will be given. The choices are to filled as follows.
A: If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1.
B: If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 2.
C: If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 and 2.
D: If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 or 2.
E: No conclusion can be drawn using both conditions.
1. Person 1 says N5.
Person 3 says 3N>20
Person 4 says 3n>10
Person 5 says N Z is of C type, I am of A type.
Y says ?> X is a B type.
Z says ?> X is of B type.
Who is of which type?
58. Persons A and B. Person A picks a random no. from 1 to 1000. Then person B picks a random no. from 1 to 1000. What is the probability of B getting no. greater then what A has picked?
59. Three boys and three girls brought up together. Jim, Jane, Tom, Virgina, Dorthy, XXX. They marry among themselves to form three couples. Conditions are:- i) Sum of their ages would be the same.
ii) Virgina was the oldest.
iii) Jim was dorthy's brother.
iv) Sum of ages Jane+Jim and Tom+dorthy is same.
Give the three couples.
60. X^(1/3) - X^(1/9) =60. Solve for X.
61. X Z Y+X Y Z = Y Z X.
Find the three digits.
62. Two boats start from opposite banks of river perpendicular to the shore. One is faster then the other. They meet at 720 yards from one of the ends. After reaching opposite ends they rest for 10mins each. After that they start back. This time on the return journey they meet at 400yards from the other end of the river. Calculate the width of the river.
63. Basketball Tournament organizers decided that two consecutive defeats will knock out the team. There are 51 teams participating. What is the maximum no. of matches that can be played.
64. The Master says to his grandmaster that me and my three cousins have ages in prime nos. only. Summation of our ages is 50. Grandmaster who knows the age of the master instantly tells the ages of the three cousins. Tell the ages of three cousins.( 1 is not considered as prime no.)
65. There are two families Alens and smiths. They have two children each. There names are A,B,C,D whose ages are different and ages are less then or equal to
11. The following conditions are given:-
i) A's age is three years less then his brother's age .
ii) B is eldest among the four.
iii) C is half the age of the eldest in Alens family.
iv) The difference in sum of the ages of Alens children and smiths children is same
as that of five years ago.
Find the ages of all the children.
66. a,b,c,d,e are having numerical values. There are some conditions given:-
a) a=c d.
Then find a,b,c,d,e.
67. There are six cards in which it has two king cards. all cards are turned down and two cards are opened.
a) What is the possibility to get at least one king.
b) What is the possibility to get two kings.
68. There are 5 persons a,b,c,d,e and each is wearing a block or white cap on his head. A person can see the caps of the remaining four but can't see his own cap. A person wearing white says true and who wears block says false.
i) a says i see 3 whites and 1 block.
ii) b says i see 4 blocks.
iii) e says i see 4 whites.
iv) c says i see 3 blocks and 1 white.
Now find the caps weared by a,b,c,d and e.
69. There are two women, kavitha and shamili and two males shyam, aravind who are musicians. Out of these four one is a pianist, one flutist, violinist and drummer.
i) Across aravind beats pianist.
ii) Across shyam is not a flutist.
iii) Kavitha's left is a pianist.
iv) Shamili's left is not a drummer. v) Flutist and drummer are married.
70. When Arthur is as old as his father Hailey is now, he shall be 5 times as old as his son Clarke is now. By then, Clarke will be 8 times older than Arthur is now. The combined ages of Hailey and Arthur are 100 years. How old is Clarke?
71. The seven digits in this subtraction problem are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Each letter represents the same digit whenever it occurs.
D A D C B
- E B E G
B F E G
What digit is represented by each letter?
72. The Jones have named their four boys after favorite relatives; their friends, the Smiths, have done the same thing with their three boys. One of the families has twin boys. From the following clues, can you determine the families of all seven children and their ages?
i) Valentine is 4 years older than his twin brothers.
ii) Winston, who is 8, and Benedict are not brothers. They are each named after agrandfather.
iii) Briscoe is two years younger than his brother Hamilton, But three years olderthan Dewey.
iv) Decatur is 10 years old.
v) Benedict is 3 years younger than Valentine; they are not related.
vi) The twins are named for uncles.
73. Motorboat A leaves shore P as B leaves Q; they move across the lake at a constant speed. They meet first time 600 yards from P. Each returns from the opposite shore without halting, and they meet 200 yards from. How long is the lake?
74. On the Island of imperfection there is a special road, Logic Lane, on which the houses are usually reserved for the more mathematical inhabitants. Add, Divide and Even live in three different houses on this road (which has houses numbered from 1-50). One of them is a member of the Pukka Tribe, who always tell the truth. Another is a member of the Wotta Tribe, who never tell the truth and the third is a member of the Shalla Tribe, who make statements which are alternately true and false, or false and true. They make statements as follows:-
1. The number of my house is greater than that of Divide's.
2. My number is divisible by 4.
3. Even's number differs by 13 from that of one of the others.
1. Add's number is divisible by 12.
2. My number is 37.
3. Even's number is even.
1. No one's number is divisible by 10.
2. My number is 30.
3. Add's number is divisible by 3.
Find to which tribe each of them belongs, and the number of each of their houses.
75. The names of the inhabitants of Walkie Talkie Land sound strange to the visitors, and they find it difficult to pronounce them, due to their length and a few vowel sounds they contain. The Walkie Talkie guide is discussing the names of four inhabitants ?
A,B,C and D. Their names each contain upto eight syllables, although none of the four names contain the same number. Two of the names contain no vowel sounds; one contains one vowel sound; and one contains two vowel sounds. From the Guide's statements below, determine the number of syllables and vowel sounds in each of the four Walkie Talkie names:-
i) The one whose name contains two vowel sounds is not A.
ii) C's name does not contain more than one vowel sound or fewer than sevensyllables.
iii) The name with seven syllables does not contain exactly one vowel sound.
iv) B and C do not have names with the same number of vowel sounds.
v) Neither the name with five syllables nor the name with seven syllables containsmore than one vowel sound.
vi) Neither the name with six syllables, nor the B's name, contains two vowelsounds.
76. Two identical twins have a very unusual characteristic. One tells nothing but lies on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and tells nothing but the truth all other days. The other tells nothing but lies on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and tells nothing but the truth all other days. On Sundays both children speak the truth.
77. According to the information presented, which of the following conversations will be impossible.
a) Twin A : "Today you are a lier"
Twin B : "You are telling the truth"
b) Twin A : "Today you are a lier"
Twin B : "Today I am a truth teller"
c) Twin A : "Tommorow I shall be a lier"
Twin B : "That's correct"
d) Twin A : "Tommorow you will be a lier"
Twin B : "Today you are a truthteller"
e) Twin A : "Yesterday we were both truthtellers"
Twin B : "You are lying".
78. Assume that the twins followed a different set of rules, so that on a given day both told only the truth while next day both only lied, alternating days of truth telling and lying. Under these rules,which of the following conversations would be possible?
a) Twin A : "Today you are a lier"
Twin B : "That is correct"
b) Twin A : "Today you are a lier"
Twin B : "That is not so"
c) Twin A : "Tommorow we will be liers"
Twin B : "Yesterday we were truthtellers"
d) Twin A : "Tommorow we will be liers"
Twin B : "You are 1 year older than I am"
e) Twin A : "We always tell the truth"
Twin B : "We some times tell the truth".
79. If the twins are heard saying the following on the same day, which choice presents a correct statement ?
Twin A : "It is Sunday Today"
Twin B : "Yesterday was Sunday"
Twin A : "it is summer season now"
a) it is a summer sunday.
b) it is a summer monday.
c) it is Monday but not summer.
d) it is Sunday but not summer.
e) it is impossible to determine whether it is Sunday or Monday.
80. In the month of october in a year has exactly four mondays and four fridays, find what day of week wiil be on the 20th of November of that year.
Ans: 20th November was a wednesday.
81. Six persons A,B,C,D,E & F went to solider cinima. There are six conseutive seats. A sits in one of the seats followed by B, followed by C and soon. If a taken one of the six seats , then B should sit adjacent to A. C should sit adjacent A or B. D should sit adjacent to A, B,or C and soon. How many possibilities are there? Ans: 32 ways.
83. In mathematica country 1,2,3,4?.,8,9 are nine cities. Cities which form a no. that is divisible by 3 are connected by air planes. (e.g. cities 1 & 2 form no. 12 which divisible by 3 then 1 is connected to city 2). Find the total no. of ways you can go to 8 if you are allowed to break the journies.
84. ABCDE are sisters. Each of them gives 4 gifts and each receives 4 gifts No two sisters give the same combination ( e.g. if A gives 4 gifts to B then no other sisters can give four to other one.)
(i) B gives four to A.
(ii) C gives 3 to E.
How much did A,B,C,E give to D?
Ans: Donor no of gifts A 1 B - C 1 D 2
85. There are some bulbs,which are numbered from 1 to 100.all the bulbs are in on conditions. The following operations are performed:-
1. Those bulbs number which are divisible by 2 are switched OFF.
2. Those bulbs numbered which are divisible by 3 are switched ON (which are already OFF) and OFF bulbs are switched ON.
3. Similarly bulbs numbers divisible by 4 are either switched ON or OFF depending upon there previous condition.
4. This procedure is adopted till 100th bulb.
At the end there were how many bulbs which were in ON condition?
Ans: 10 ( only perfect squares ).
86. There are different numbers related with A,B,C,D,E.such that, AB*CD=EEE.
87. Find the total no of 10 digits whose sum is 4.
88.Four musician problem(refer GRE BARRONS).
89.GRE BARRONS problem ?> Problem number 25 to 28 page no. 4.
90. A, B, C are 3 girls and there are 770 Apples. For every 4 Apples, A takes,B takes 3. For ever 6 Apples, C takes 7 Apples? Ans: 261:145:303.
91) T, U, V are 3 friends digging groups in fields. If T & U can complete i groove in 4 days &, U & V can complete 1 groove in 3 days & V & T can complete in 2 days. Find how many days each takes to complete 1 groove individually.
Ans: 24 days.
92) 4 mathematician has x apples. If he arranges them in rows of 3 one will be left. The same is the case with 5,7,9 apples. But when he arranged them in rows of 11, non will be left. Find the no. of apples.
Ans: 946. (Hint: 11*6 11*11 11*16 11*21 =2E??11*76 =3D946).
93) H starts running after T reaches 1/5th they must when H reach 1/6th, if H wants win at what speed H should be run? Note: One circle is there, you show this type of problem.
94) There are 4 mothers, 4 daughters and the colour of their dresses, and they are aged 1, 2, 3 & 4. Details of the dresses are given & then it asked about the remaining dresses.
95) There are 5 levels of dolls and each of different colors & condition are given.
Note: This type of problem also refer.
96) 5 student A, B, C, D, E. One student knows 5 languages. Like that up to one langauge.
1) Spanish is most popular langauge.
2) 3 persons knows Porchigese.
3) B & C normally speak English, but when D gathered, they switched to Spanishbecause that is only common between the three.
4) Only langauge common between A, B, E is French.
5) Only langauge common between C & E is Italian.
97. An escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. How many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating. ANS. 150.
98. Every day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing. The road is straignt before the crossing and both are travelling in the same direction. Cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km before the crossing. What is the speed of the train. 60 kmph.
99. Five persons muckerjee, misra, iyer, patil and sharma, all take then first or middle names in the full names. There are 4 persons having first or middle name of kumar, 3 persons with mohan, 2 persons with dev and 1 anil.
? Either mukherjee and patil have a first or middle name of dev or misra and iyer have their first or middle name of dev.
? Of mukherkjee and misre, either both of them have a first or middle name of mohan or neither have a first or middle name of mohan.
? Either iyer of sharma has a first or middle name of kumar but not both. Who has the first or middle name of anil? Today is Mukherjee.