Campus Placement Papers Infosys (Part -3)
Paper : Campus Placement Papers Infosys (Part -3)
41. One guy has Rs. 100/- in hand. He has to buy 100 balls. One football costs Rs. 15/, One Cricket ball costs Re. 1/- and one table tennis ball costs Rs. 0.25 He spend the whole Rs. 100/- to buy the balls. How many of each balls he bought?
42. The distance between Station Atena and Station Barcena is 90 miles. A train starts from Atena towards Barcena. A bird starts at the same time from Barcena straight towards the moving train. On reaching the train, it instantaneously turns back and returns to Barcena. The bird makes these journeys from Barcena to
the train and back to Barcena continuously till the train reaches Barcena. The bird finally returns to Barcena and rests. Calculate the total distance in miles the bird travels in the following two cases:
(a) The bird flies at 90 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 60 miles per hour.
(b) the bird flies at 60 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 90 miles per hour
Ans: time of train=1hr.so dist of bird=60*1=60miles
43. A tennis championship is played on a knock-out basis, i.e., a player is out of the tournament when he loses a match.
(a) How many players participate in the tournament if 15 matches are totally played?
(b) How many matches are played in the tournament if 50 players totally participate?
44.When I add 4 times my age 4 years from now to 5 times my age 5 years from now, I get 10 times my current age. How old will I be 3 years from now?
45.A rich merchant had collected many gold coins. He did not want anybody to know about them. One day, his wife asked, "How many gold coins do we have?" After pausing a moment, he replied, "Well! If I divide the coins into two unequal numbers, then 37 times the difference between the two numbers equals the difference between the squares of the two numbers." The wife looked puzzled. Can you help the merchant's wife by finding out how many gold R
46. A set of football matches is to be organized in a "round-robin" fashion, i.e., every participating team plays a match against every other team once and only once. If 21 matches are totally played, how many teams participated?
47. Glenn and Jason each have a collection of cricket balls. Glenn said that if Jason would give him 2 of his balls they would have an equal number; but, if Glenn would give Jason 2 of his balls, Jason would have 2 times as many balls as Glenn. How many balls does Jason have?
48. Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas.
a) How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas?
(b) How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes
49. It was vacation time, and so I decided to visit my cousin's home. What a grand time we had!
In the mornings, we both would go for a jog. The evenings were spent on the tennis court. Tiring as these activities were, we could manage only one per day, i.e., either we went for a jog or played tennis each day. There were days when we felt lazy and stayed home all day long. Now, there were 12 mornings when we did nothing, 18 evenings when we stayed at home, and a total of 14 days when we jogged or played tennis. For how many days did I stay at my cousin's place?
Ans: 22 days
50 A 31" x 31" square metal plate needs to be fixed by a carpenter on to a wooden board. The carpenter uses nails all along the edges of the square such that there are 32 nails on each side of the square. Each nail is at the same distance from the neighboring nails. How many nails does the carpenter use?
51. A man starts his walking at 3PM from point A, he walks at the rate of 4km/hr in plains and 3km/hr in hills to reach the point B. During his return journey he walks at the rate of 6km/hr in hills and 4km/hr in plains and reaches the point A at 9PM. What is the distance between A and B?
52.2. A boy asks his father, " what is the age of grand father?". Father replied " He is x years old in x^2 years", and also said, "we are talking about 20th century". what is the year of birth of grand father?
53. A boy travels in a scooter after covering 2/3rd of the distance the wheel got punctured he covered the remaining distance by walk. Walking time is twice that of the time the boy?s riding time. How many times the riding speed as that of the walking speed?
Ans: 4 times.
54. In a Knockout tournament 51 teams are participated, every team thrown out of the tournament if they lost twice. How many matches to be held to choose the winner?
Ans: 101 matches
55. A man sold 2 pens. Initial cost of each pen was Rs. 12. If he sell it together one at 25% profit and another 20% loss. Find the amount of loss or gain, if he sells them seperately.
Ans: 60 Paise gain
56. Find the 3 digit no. whose last digit is the squareroot of the first digit and second digit is the sum of the other two digits.
57. Meera was playing with her brother using 55 blocks.She gets bored playing and starts arranging the blocks such that the no. of blocks in each row is one less than that in the lower row. Find how many were there in the bottom most row?
58. Two people are playing with a pair of dies. Instead of numbers, the dies have different colors on theirsides. The first person wins if the same color appears on both the dies and the second person wins if the colors are different. The odds of their winning are equal. If the first dice has 5 red sides and 1 blue side, find the color(s) on the second one.
Ans: 3 Red, 3 Blue
59. A person travels in a car with uniform speed. He observes the milestone,which has 2 digits. After one hour he observes another milestone with same digits reversed. After another hour he observes another milestone with same 2 digits separated by 0. Find the speed of the car?
60. Three persons A, B &C went for a robbery in different directions and they theft one horse, one mule and one camel. They were caught by the police and when interrogated gave the following statements
A: B has stolen the horse
B: I didn't rob anything.
C: both A & B are false and B has stolen the mule.
The person who has stolen the horse always tell the truth and
The person who has stolen the camel always tell the lie.
Find who has stolen which animal?
61. One quarter of the time till now from midnight and half of the time remaining from now up to midnight adds to the present time. What is the present time?
62. After world war II three departments did as follows First department gave some tanks to 2nd &3rd departments equal to the number they are having. Then 2nd department gave some tanks to 1st & 3rd departments equal to the number they are having. Then 3rd department gave some tanks to 2nd &1st departments equal to the number they are having. Then each department has 24 tanks. Find the initial number of tanks of each department?
63. A, B, C, D&E are having their birthdays on consecutive days of the week not ecessarily in the same order. A 's birthday comes before G's as many days as B's birthday comes after E's. D is older than E by 2 days. This time G's birthday came on wednesday. Then find the day of each of their birthdays?
Birthday of D on SUNDAY
Birthday of B on MONDAY
Birthday of E on TUESDAY
Birthday of G on WEDNESDAY
Birthday of A on THURSDAY
64. A girl 'A' told to her friend about the size and color of a snake she has seen in the beach. It is one of the colors brown/black/green and one of the sizes 35/45/55.
If it were not green or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 45 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
a) What is the color of the snake?
b) What is the length of the snake?
65. There are 2 pesons each having same amount of marbles in the beginning. after that 1 person gain 20 more from second person n he eventually lose two third of it during the play n the second person now have 4 times marble of what 1st person is having now. find out how much marble did each had in the beginning.
ANSWER - 100 each
Previous | Next
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.