1. A person needs 6 steps to cover a distance of one slab.
if he increases his foot length(step length) by 3 inches he needs only
5 steps to cover the slabs length. what is the length of the each slab.
(ans 31 inches).
2. There are 19 red balls and one black ball . Ten balls are put in
one jar and the remaining 10 are put in another jar. what is the
possibility that the black is in the right jar.
( The question is bit of confusing but the answer is 1/2).
3. There is one lily in the pond on 1st june. There are two in the pond
on 2nd june . There are four on 3rd june and so on.
The pond is full with lilies by the end of the june.
(i)On which date the pond is half full.
ans. 29th. --the june has 30 days)
(ii)if we start with 2 lilies on 1st june when will be the pond be full
(ans. 29th june)
4.A lorry starts from Banglore to Mysore at 6.00 A.M,7.00am.8.00 am..10 pm. Similarly one another starts from Mysore to Banglore at 6.00 am,7.00 am, 8.00 am..10.00pm. A lorry takes 9 hours to travel from Banglore to Mysore and vice versa.
(i) A lorry which has started at 6.00 am will cross how many lorries.
(ans. 10 )
(ii)A lorry which had started at 6.00pm will cross how many lorries.
5 .A person meets a train at a railway station coming daily at a
particular time . One day he is late by 25 minutes, and he meets the train 5 k.m. before the station. If his speed is 12 kmph, what is the speed of the train.
(ans. 60 kmph.)refer--Shakuntala devi book.
7. A theif steals half the total no of loaves of bread plus 1/2 loaf from a backery. A second theif steals half the remaing no of loaves plus 1/2 loaf and so on. After the 5th theif has stolen there are no more loaves left in the backery. What was the total no of loaves did the backery have at the biggining.
8. A gardener plants 100 meters towards east, next 100 meters towards north,next 100 meters towards west. 98 meters towards east, 96 meters towards north and 96 meters towards west, 94 meters towards south.
and 94 meters towards east and so on.
If a person walks between the trees what is the
total distance travelled by him before he reaches the center.
| | |
9. Long division:
example: 1089709/12 ?
4 question---40 marks; 40 minutes;
1. There are four women and 3 men. They play bridge one nigth. Find
widow among them.
(i) wife and husand are never partners
ii wife and husand never play more than one game.
One nigth they played four games as follows;
1. ------ + ------ vs ------- + ---------
2. ------ + ------ vs ------- + ---------
3. ------ + --*--- vs ------- + ---------
4. ---*-- + ------ vs ------- + ---------
the woman are marked * above.
ans: refer problem 21. mind teasers by Summers.
2. There are 5 peoples; few of them speak true, few of them false.
3. & 4.th problems on Venn diagram
Do not bother much about this test.Be optimistic,While answering the
questions.There will be 150 questions in this section.The questions may
repeat with slight variation.Answer should be same.
1.You will be interested in social activities.
2.While going upstairs,you will move two steps at a time.
3.You will be making friendship with the same sex or with the opposite sex also.
4.Your friends consider you as a leader in your group.
5.Peole think that you are serious mainded.
6.Sometimes you fell dull without any reason.
7.You are host or hostes for several parties.
8.Relatives come to your home and you will entertain them.
9.You will do work for long time without tireness.
10.In your company,you want to lead the organisation.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.