I am Venkat. first i would like to thank the group the moderator and all the group members. i attended the infy exam for the experienced catogary on 27 nov held at the infosys office at sholinganallur chennai..i would like to stress out the point
that this was for the experienced catogary..exam for freshers was conducted on the same day but in a different venue. no of candidates for the exp cat should be around 700 out of which 100 were selected. in the case of freshers it was around
2000 out of which 140 were selected.
we were asked to report by 8:30 am but the exam started only by 9:45 am. since it was for the exp cat there was no english test. the results were anounced by 1:45 as promised. the next day we had the technical interview...all those who cleared the technical interview were asked to attend the HR round. those who couldn't were told that they will informed later by mail..
some of the other candidates with whom i spoke told that the freshers paper was a bit difficult compared to that of the exp cat..some others say it is all the same ,only the values change.. I dont know how far its true.
also please note i am providing the date along with each question, when they appeared before. so pls understand how important is it to go through the previous papers. my advice to every one is to go through the
1 previous papers ,
2 shakuntala devi,
3 ravi narula
4 george summers in the same priority as given. the order in which u go through can be diferent ..like u can go through the shakuntala devi first and then the rest so that u get a feel. I took 2 weeks to prepare and found that to be enough...
the questions are as follows...
1)ravi binded his book and the binder cut the pages of the book including the numbers, ravi decided to mark the pages by himself , what he found is number three appears 61 times find of number of pages answer - 300 from september 05
2)Last Year my cousin came to my place and we played a game where
the loosing one has to give one choclate to the person who won the game .At the end of the vacation,i.e the day my cousin was leaving she counted number of games that i won an she won.At last she gave me a total of 8 choclates even though she won about 12 games.
How many days did my cousin stayed in my house?
3) A person on his bicycle walks 8km uphill and 24km Downhill he took 2hr30minutes to complete this. He started again without any stop now he took now 4hr50minutes. Find the average speed of the cyclist at UPHILL and DOWNHILL sept 05
6) There are two mew systems developed for temperature A and B. if A =14 the B=36, when A = 133 then B = 87. Find when both the temperature becomes equal sept 05
7) There was a burglary in a diamond shop. three thieves were arrested, Smith, d,J. s and d blamed that " one of the other two stole the diamonds. I didnt do it ..j said b did it.Atlast the police found out that J was lying and that only one of
them robbed. Who is tat.
ans :j is the thief from oct 05
8) A man enquires a person about the past 5 days temperatures at 12 noon in that region. The other replies that he doesn't remember the actual figures but there was a different temperature on each day and that their product gives 12. Assuming the temperature to the nearest degree what are the temperatures on the five days?
Ans: -1,-2,1,2,3 form oct 05
9) Triplet who usually wear same kind and size of shoes, namely, Annie, Danny, Fanny. Once one of them broke a glass in kitchen and their shoe prints were there on floor of kitchen. When their mother asked who broke Annie said, "I didn't do it"; Fanny said "Danny did it"; Danny said "Fanny is lieing"; here two of
them are lieing, one is speaking truth. Can you find out who broke it ? (3 Marks)
Sol : Annie june 05
10) in an office there are 5 people named miss aimes, miss benns, mr colonoy, mr Davis and Mr Paul. And the 5 posts are floorwalker, manager, clerk, cashier and buyer. Find who is who,if:
- 2 of these were roommates in college (Don't remember the names).
- The buyer is a bachelor.
- Mrs colonoy was angry when her husband told her that the manager refused for give him promotion.
- Davis was the best man when the clerk and cashier got married.
- Aimes and paul had the business relations only. (8 marks) july 05
I am sorry friends i dont remember q 4 and 5. it was 6 marks and 8 marks. q 4 is like ; 3 guys tell about their ages. each give 3 statements out of which 1 stm is false. we will have to find their ages.
q 5 is like there is a painter who wants to exhibit his 7 paintings. 3 conditions are given. 4 sub qs were given with choices like if one particular painting cannot appear then what will be the combination that can appear. iam very sure i have seen these q's some were else but couldnt find it again. So must be repeated as well..
i would like to thank Friends mam again cos this group helped me a
lot in different ways...thank u friends...
all the best...