Its me TANUMOY frm BENGAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY wishing u all d best for ur upcoming INFOSYS placement... well before i went for it i thot it was very hard and i hv no chance but now dat i have cleared it then i feel dat its not dat too hard... just u need determination and confidence and MOST IMPORTANTLY ENGLISH..
There were 2 parts of aptitude test:
LOGICAL (30questions 40mins....60% cutoff)
(a) A cube sum of painting its sides and thene dividing into 1000 small cubes...and then 5 questions on it....
(b) Figure matrix....u have to choose d odd one out or d next figure in line.....5 questions
(c) 5 Data Sufficiency problem...easy ones
(d) 5 Questions on Data Interpretation....a table was given on rice and wheat production....easy but lengthy....will suggest to do this at last.
(e) 5 Questions on Puzzle test...it was d simplest of d lot.....there were 5 houses A,B,C,D,E,F 3 on each side of the road with colours red, blue, green, white, etc......smallest house in green in colour....B which is red is opposite to C...(remaining i forgot)....
(f) 5 Questions on Syllogism.....easy
just go thru RS Aggarwal and its enuff for d LOGICAL part... i ll suggest u to go for d maximum marks here because its d easiest part than verbal.....while selecting they may go for d aptitude marks too....
VERBAL (40questions 35mins....50% cutoff)
(a) 2 Simple comprehensions....4 Questions each...answers all given in d passage directly just needed to find them.....Do these at last....
(b) 8 Questions on Choosing d appropriate sentence frm four options....these are a bit tricky....they all seem to b correct.....practise sentence construction.....
(c) 8 Questions on sentence correction in which u have to find correct replacement for underlined part in d sentence
(d) 8 Questions on Fill in d blanks with suitable grammatical words.....again all d 4 options ll seem correct.....
(e) 8 Questions on Theme Detection......for each question a situation/passage is given with four options.....u have to choose d appropriate one......
So this is d verbal part... it may look easy but its a lot more tricky than being hard and this is where most of d students get elliminated...strange isnt it???? But "Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction"... so i suggest to go back to ur old cupboard and take out ur WREN n MARTIN again n ofcourse go thru it....ALL D BEST
OUT OF 180(approx) 22 GOT SELECTED 4 HR.........so u can very well imagine d competition...
1) What is ur name? Tanumoy or Tanmay?
2) Whats d difference between d two?
3) Ask me bout my school.....
4) Diff between ICSE and CISCE...
5) If u have a brother or a sister who needs to be admitted to a school so which board (ICSE or CBSE) u ll prefer nd y?
6) What do u mean by innovation? what innovative thing u have done in ur lyf?
7) Have u seen Lagaan? there was a bowler who used to come and rotate his arm and bowl....do u think such bowling action is legal nowadays?
8) If u r Australian team captain and Symonds is not performing well because of his long hairs so u went and asked him to trim his hair but he said i wont dats my fashion....so wat wud u have done then?
9) Ur weakness... do u have any? do u think its a weakness...y???
8) if u r chosen for Infy or TCS and u r asked to work on weekends so what ll u feel?
again friends HR is not dat tough.... ppl who ll take ur HR are elderly gentlemen bout 55-70... so u shud have a smile all d tym and show proper respect.... giv ur answers confidently and ofcourse ur answers shud be diplomatic but at d same tym dont go for over d edge stories.... always keep ur backup answers ready and never try to fool them. as i said they r elderly ppl and got huge experience... answer slowly so dat u speak GOOD english..
OUT OF 22, 13 GOT SELECTED FINALLY and I was one of them.. I M SO PROUD TO BE AN INFOSCION NOW...
Author: Tanumoy Talukder