Hope all are doing well.. I attended Infosys off campus written test on 11/11/07 Sunday and got through the test and attended interview on 12/11/07. Test results 'll be announced in 3 to 4 weeks as they said.
So, Here s the pattern of the written test I attended. No puzzles are asked in the written test. The pattern is changed now.. The test consists of two sections, Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
The Logical Reasoning test consists of 30 qns and the time is 45 mins whereas the Verbal Ability test consists of 40 qns and the time given is 30 mins. Logical reasoning qn paper is given first. The first set had 5 qns asked from a logical reasoning paragraph. I dont remember what it is bcos i dint hav time to attempt it.
The second set had 5 sequence qns in which one picture 'll be missing in the middle of a 5 picture sequence.. i think u can prepare from verbal and non verbal reasoning - RS Agarwal for this set
The third set was of data sufficiency qns containing 5 qns. in which a qn 'll be asked in the first line and two statements r given and v have to choose the option by whether the qn s answered by the two statements or not.
Fourth set was Data Interpretation which had 5 qns. I attempted only one qn in this set also cos qns were asked on how much percentages is that to this, which s very time consuming. Fifth set also had 5 qns which is a Logical Reasoning set and the qn was like if p and q play cric and football, p and s play cric and volleyball and so on.. and the qns asked on who plays the maxi no of games.. this set is fairly easy if u form a table and solve.. and the last set contains All A's r B's, All B's r C's kind of qns.. these are the easiest in the LR section. (prepare 4m any cat material) Thats it for the LR section. Follow RS Agarwal for Reasoning Overall.. Jus practice the type of qns i mentioned here.. and u can easily crack them..
The Verbal Ability section had around 6 sets.
The first and second set both are Reading comprehension containing 5 qns each. Dont attempt them first as they take hell a lot of time. also first go from the questions.. it'll relatively easy and reduce the time taken.. In the third set, we need to find the missing statement. this 'll be relatively confusing n if u are careful it can be answered with a good accuracy. In the fourth set, a statement in the given paragraph 'll be asked to replace by another statement from the options which fits well.. The last set consists of a statement from which inferences or logical followers are asked. I cracked around 18 qns out of 30 from LR and around 30 out of 40 from VA section.
I was asked to attend the interview on 12/11/07 at Infosys Sholinganallur campus. My interview went for about 15 to 20 mins in which I was not asked any technical qns. Most of the qns were from my resume. so careful guys, be thorough with ur resume.. Qns asked in my interview were..
1. Did u choose EIE at will or dat is wat u got..
2. What do u mean by Challenging environment in ur objective..( asked from my resume)
3. U hav mentioned dat u represented college for Chess, How do u relate Chess with real life.
4. Tell abt ur project
5. What is ur role in the project (This s an important qn so be prepared for this qn)
6. U said dat u can work in a pressure situation, give me an example where u were pressured.
7. Have u ever led a team..
8. what have u done as a YRC member.
9. How will your branch of study (i.e EIE) will help u in this software field..
10. A puzzle the number 45 is divided into 4 parts.. the first part is added with 2 2nd part sub by 2, 3rd part X 2 and 4th part divided by 2.. will result in a same number.. Ans. the four parts are 8, 12, 5 and 20. 'll result in a same number 10.. After this she said dat if selected i 'll be given training for 3 to 4 months and asked if i had any qns abt dat training..
Dats all abt my written test and interview.. I think these 'll help u to prepare better for the Infosys off campus.. Pray for me to get selected.. All the best to everyone attending the test in the near future.. With lots and lots of love..