INFOSYS PAPER - 2 JUL 2006 - BANGALORE
I would like to introduce myself as the worst laziest guy in the world. i wasn't searching for a job but was waiting for it. Completing graduation in 2005 ece branch i was juz waiting for a job for the past one year. but i now feel very sorry for that. my advice to u guys is plz don't waste time actually i shouldn't advice. but this is my request guys. i was mainly concerned on only 10 companies like tcs, cts, infy, hcl, satyam, ibm, hp etc.. so didn't attend any other interview.
The thing is am very weak in an technical interview I really mess things up in an tech interview. that was my drawback even if the ask me wats 1+1 i couldn't say. that was the reason i was thrown out from tcs, cts, hcl, satyam and hexaware. but this time in infosys i was very much pleased with the interview it was 0% technical and i got thro it. being a 2005 batch guy infy was the only way out for me.
I prepared for 7 months but didn't get a call letter how hard i try and luckily i got it last month saying written on 2nd july.
All 10 questions were repeated and i only wrote 9 que and left a 6 mark hoping i would score 44 but i was so careless on a 3 mark not read the question correctly i went wrong so i think i scored 41 and cleared written. next day was the interview. it was so coooool and i was very much satisfied with the way it went. and yesterday 27/7/06 i got offer letter to join on 21/8/06 in bangalore electronics city.
I am really thankful to you guys for the groups which really helped me a lot in the preparation. earlier when i see these kind of thanking mails i juz don't believe them but now am really very grateful to u. my humble request to u ppl don't panic or get frustrated for not getting a job. trust in god one day or the other definitely u will be placed in a good concern. i thought infy would be hard to crack that made me take it so late but i went thro that if i had taken this earlier i would have been placed long back. infosys is easiest u can clear only if ur well prepared so try to prepare well. don't waste time in shakunthala devi concentrate only on old papers.
In the interview the look for ur confidence and leadership quality so try to think of something which u lead in ur college. that will really help u out. i once again thank Friends mam whole heartedly for such a wonderful group and i wish u all the best for your job hunt. also heard infy is in need of lot more ppl they recruit 2000 every month so hurry up u will definitely get through. trust and believe in god. he is the one who can really help u.
1. A and B play a game. Loser of each game has to give a coin to the winner. At the end A gains 3 coins even though B won 3 games. How many games did they play?
Approach: A lost 3 games (given B won 3 games)
To compensate A has to win 3 games.
To gain 3 coins A has to win 3 more games.
So total = 3+3+3 = 9 games.
2. A boy asked his sister that "how many chocolates are with you now out of what I gave you yesterday". She replied him in confusing way "I gave half of those to mom and half more to dad. Then, from remaining chocolates, I gave half of those and another half of a chocolate to our pet dog. After that, one chocolate was remaining and I ate that gracefully". How many chocolates did the boy give to his sister?
Ans : 7
3. There are five persons in an office in the post of buyer, clerk, footwalker, manager, cashier. Allen, Benett, Clark, Ewinger, Davis holds the post.
- Among the 5 two have their lunch time from 11:30-12:30 and the rest have it in 12:30 -1:30
- Mrs Allen and Mrs Benett are sisters.
- Cashier and clerk share their lunch among themselves.
- Two Bachelors share their rooms.
- Davis and Ewinger doesn't face each other from the day Davis reported Ewinger to the Manager when he returned from lunch and found out that Ewinger has already left for lunch before time.
I m not sure about the answers
Davis : Buyer
Clark : Cashier
Allen : Manager
Benett : Clerk
Ewinger : Foot walker
4. one day a person wanted to meet a lawyer, but lawyer was busy, so he told the man to meet him 2 days after the day before the day after tomorrow. Tell what the day is, if today is Friday.
Ans : day after tomorrow-Sunday
The day before day after tomorrow-Saturday
2 days after Saturday=Monday
5. four friends of four family prepares salad with fruits. Some conditions and four ques from it.
This too vry easy, if u know the method. Try to show this by rows and cols.
6. Jan robinson, kate jones, john smith are engineer, pilot & biochemist not in the order. they have three martian assistants. as they find difficulty with martian names they gave them nick names as smith, robinson, jones as their masters name.
1.robinson is an yomi
2.all martians speak uri.
3.the martians name is the same as the bio chemist is naim
4.robinson beats engineer in the chess
(one more condition) who is the pilot?
don't remember exactly..
Ans : Jan robinson
7. i.1, 2, 3, 5, (sorry I forgot the series)
ii 1, 2, 3, 8, __, 224
8. A plant in the garden. it doubles every day. it can over the entire field in 50 days. how much days ll it take to cover half field.
Ans : 49
9. A foot print was on the floor. When their mother asked who broke Annie said, "I didn't do it"; Fanny said "Danny did it"; Danny said "Fanny is lieing"; here two of them are lieing, one is speaking truth. Can you find out who broke it ?
Ans : Annie
10. Puzzle on stamps. it is very simple.
Ans : total 22
All the best guys
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.