Hi to all.!
This is Tarun Kumar Arya. I have attended the Infy written on 26 Nov, 2006 in pune. Infy pattern has been changed, as I think it has become easy than previous because It does not require any special preparation for it. u can cover all paper just by reading. R.S.Agrawal. Verbal and nonverbal. So don't touch any puzzle book. Just go through R/S agrawal reasoning. And u will crack it.
There are two section
1. Aptitude section.
2. English section
first they give a form to fill up in initial 30 mins about ur details (hey get two references name and number as u have to fill it in the form also if u know anyone in Infy get his name and number, that will help a lot). Then after filling this form Apti paper is given to u. It consist 30 question and time is 40 minute.
It's very easy. Solve with a smart approach. Don't go sequentially. Fist solve those question that U can solve just in a look. Don't attempt those question which can take more time even a minute. The questions are not in my memory but as much as I can recall that.
1. First question was on a cube and it is painted four side. And if we cut in 3 part then how many ones sided color. Something was this type. If u can solve exactly it withour taking time and have previously solve it. Then attempt it. Don't try first time there. It may time consuming.(5 ques. Base d on it)
2. In second question there was 5 subquestions, figure based. Which will be the next. Usually asked in baknking examination. These questin are given in the last of R.S. agrawal.(5 question were such type)
3. 5 question on data sufficiency
some data is given to u. and u have to calculate something. And u have given some statements given. (and only 1 is sufficient. Or only 2 or both. These type) question were based on quanta section (so just go for a light reading of profit loss, ratio. Time and work formule)(5 question were such type)
4. A question was on data interpretation (so also preapare it)(5 ques)
5. and I advise all to attend this question first. It was from r.s. agrwal puzzle type.
First structure the given information and u will find automatically ans of all
Five question base on given information.
The question was here are four cricket palyer, each has it's own style, and each have a proficiency in particular shot. Players were sachin, rahul, dravid, vinod kabli. .u all will solve this question easily. so attempt it first
6. some question based on logical reasoning. These are very easy, so attempt them second. They were on the last page of ques paper.(solve them by the venn digram)
like all men are crows
all crow are hen then this type of something
The second set was basic English knowledge like paragraph reading, tense, grammar, appropiate word filling etc. No need to study anything for english,only answer all the questions provided (total 40 questions in 30 minute),dont leave anything.
If u have confidence in grammar section then attempt them first. This is my advise and rest depend on u'r level.
My interview experience:
Here is only one HR interview. sometimes they take two interviews. They always ask abt u'r three strengths and three weakness with example. wheee u have proved them.
why do u want join infy. and and what r u 'r qualities. . they always ask about curriclular activities. So prepare them well even if u not have. Be confident. They can give u a puzzle. It is not necessary to solve it just try with a good approach. And while solving don't be nervous. bcoz it is the fact only 10 solve puzzle out of 100. Prepare well abt Infy. If u have any gap in acadmic then preapre for reason. Asks aby u'rself, hobbies, definition of success. r u success. jus read u'r CV carefully. In pune in HR round, there was total three HR, two were man and one lady. all r seniors. u'r family. project. no thechnical.
If there is only one HR. then it means u'r complelely in or out. two HR means. 50-50%. last movie u have seen. abt director. is it good of remixing of old movies with new one. ur opinnion.
Second HR interview is by a cool HR person, his age was abt 26 -28. and if u r confident and good acadmeic record then dont' worry. it becomes easy. any question to us. these general quesiton.
Be positive, Confident. this is the key of success in all interviews