INFOSYS PAPER - 30 JUL 2006 - VIZAG
This is Divakar. I'm a silent member. I'm frankly speaking if anyone trying 2 crack infy plzz refer 2 this website. This is awesome.. I'm very thankful 2 Friends madam for making this good site..
After so many struggles (tcs, wipro, csc, hp, hcl...) I reached my goal i.e infosys(the best management company in India) by god's grace.
Hello friends i want 2 tell that for cracking any company we have at least 75% luck and some talent that's all. But if u can't made any company don't lose hope, it si my advise. failures are the stepping stones 2 success.
For cracking info u have 2 prepare at least 5 days on previous papers(2006) and sakuntaladevi puzzles 2 puzzles u.
Date: 30/7/2006 (25th Anniversary of infosys)
Place of test: Andhra university, vizag
No. of students attended : around 1200
No. of students clear the written : 187
No. of students clear the h.r : 106
Paper : (1hour, 50 marks)
1. 100 balls are there .. 20 red, 20 blue, 20 yellow, 20 green, 20 black...you have to take out balls blindly... find the min. no. of attempt to take out 2 balls of same color.C h e ta na S
There r 5 groups r there(r, blue, y, g, black) so we have 2 pick up at least 6 balls.
2. There was a cycle race going on. 1/5th of the those in front of a person and 5/6th of those behind him gives the total number of participants. How many people took part in the race? (3 marks)
Ans : 31
Let the total number of participants be X
So, [(x-1)/5 + 5(x-1)/6] = X
3. There are two trains. One from New York to Washington and second from Washington to New York. The total journey to a destination takes 5 hours. A train from New York to Washington leaves on hour at every hour The train from Washington to New York leaves an hour and on half an hour. How many trains will be passing if you are traveling from New York to Washington?
Ans : 19 trains
for every 1 hour the the train traveling from New York 2 wash.. it will meet 4 trains because earlier trains from washington.. 2 ny will meet.
5h===?(20) but last train will reach the station (wash..)and still wash.. train is there in platform
4. A boy goes to school from his house. on one fourth oh his way to school, he crosses a machinery station. And on one third of his way to school, he crosses a Railway station. He crossed the machinery station at 7:30 and he crosses the Railway station at 7:35. When does he leave the house & when does he reach the school ?
Ans : he leave his house from 7:15 and reach the school to 8:15
1/3-1/4=1/12 he covered in (7:35-7:30) 5min
So 1km will cover in 60 min
And 1/4km will cover in 15 min... So 7.30-0:15=7:15 and 7:15+0:60=8:15
5. There were less than 500 students in a school. one-third of the number of students in the school was a whole number and so were one-fourth , one-fifth and one-seventh of students in the school. What's the total no of students in the school?
Ans : 3x4x5x7 = 420 very simple. take lcm of all those numbers
6. There were 2 systems A n B.14 degrees in A is equivalent to 36 in System B and 133 in A is equivalent to 87 in B. now what is the Temperature where they both r equal?
and x+133y=87...(2) and solve (1) and (2) u get x and y values. then put x and y values in equ..(1)and instead of 14 and 36 u put 'A'. so u get it the value as 52.5
7. Samantha younger than jack and older than louise, louise older than edward and younger than jim (something names r like in that order) Who is youngest person?
Ans : EDWARD very simple we have 2 club all conditions around 6, then we will get youngest person
8. Consider the following Statements.
Albert:- Dave did it.
Dave:- Tony did it.
Gus:- I did not do it.
Tony:- Dave lied when he said that I did it.
1.If any one out of all above person is true, who did it?
2.If any one out of all above person is false, who did it?
ans: i din't remember i think 1. dave and 2. gus
1.easy we have to draw truth table for this for conditions (T F F F), (FTFF), (FFTF), (FFFT). ONLY ONE CONDITION SATSIFY .
2. THIS IS ALSO we have to draw truth table for this for conditions(FTTT),(TFTT),(TTFT),(TTTF). ONLY ONE CONDITION SATSIFY .
9. This one is a very log question but easy if you have time to read and solve! It will consume lot of time, so do it at last (8 Marks)C h e t a na S
There are 5 towns - nalanda, thrilothika, rampur, solanpur and maninagar. So say N, T, S, R, M. Out of these, 4 are capitals, 3 industrial towns, two hill stations, two towns are on same longitude. Population of two cities is less than five lakhs and that of one city is 20 lakhs, also of other two cities is more than 50 lakhs. Thirlothika is an industrial town. Maninagars population is 20 lakhs. There are 4 capitals and two industrial towns. Now some data are given involving longitudes and latitudes such as, one of the hill stations do not lie in the longitude in which the harbour which is also an industrial town lies and so on. Rampur and thrilothika lies on same longitude. Solapur and Maninagar lies on same latitude like that. And also, the population of the towns is involved from which the following four questions should be answered.
( 4 combinations were given for each question )
a. Which of the following combination has less than 5 lakhs population.
Ans : Nalanda and Rampur
The town which is a harbor, industrial town and capital
Ans : Thrilothika
Which of the following combination have more than 50 lakhs population.
Ans : Thrilothika and solanpur
The town that is not a capital
Ans : Nalanda
10. Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards. Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has two different colors on either side. There are 2 red, 2green and 2 blue. The colors visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment.
A : Yellow or Green
B : Neither Blue nor Green
C : Blue or Yellow
D : Blue or Yellow
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colors on the cards each person.
Approach : draw truth table for this also as ( FFTT), (FTTF), (TFFT), (TTFF) only one condition is satisfy.. so we get answer.
I CLEAR THE WRITTEN TEST BY DOING 9 QUESTIONS. WE HAVE 2 DO ATLEAST 1 (8M) QUESTION.
ENGLISH : (30 MIN 45 QUESTION)
English is not that much easy .. we have 2 prepare for following atleast(basics)
1. Reading comprehension ( A very large passage was given do it at last.)
2. Sentence completion.
3. Error detection in sentences.
4. Fill in the gaps with appropriate words ( Prepositions etc.)
5. On Tense and Narration change.
6. Meanings of phrases.
QUESTIONS I HAVE FACED( it was cool. be confident and don't tell lie )
1. Tell me abt ur self which is not there in form
2. he asked abt my projects
3. abt my roll model
4. abt my hobbies( plzzz be prepare what u write in the form which is given 2 u at the beginning of the test, is only important u have 2 good enough 2 ur hobbies)
5. abt extra curricular activities.
6. wht do u know abt infy(be prepared before. visit website)
7. he give one puzzle i.e there r 3 boxes. one box contain only black balls and another one containing only white balls and another containing mixture of white and black balls. ut 3 boxes r wrong stickered. by hw many pickups we tell which box contain which ball. i couldn't understand. i didn't answer well, he says "think","Think". but i made wrong answer. after leaving the panel i know the answer from my friend. they ask same q's to my friend.
8. he says wht u have do when we have 4 hands.
9. wht do u want 2 do in ur life( I said that i will develop a real time project which is useful for every people like "orkut") (he impressed)
i say "we have more resources so throughput is more efficient" and i can eat faster way(he laughed)
the interview is 15 mins for me..
they r looking in a student for 1. teamwork(projects)
2. for stay long in infy
3. flexibility and learning
By god's grace i clear and crack infy.. 'm so so Happy when read my name
lastly. if u even if u fail in interview don't lose u hope and confidence. may be u can crack another good company
ALL THE BEST..... I think it is useful for who have strong desire 2 get infy. bye....
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.