INFOSYS PAPER - 06 AUG 2006 - CHENNAI
1) The time taken by a Passenger train to overtake a Freight train is twice of what it takes for the Passenger Train to pass the Freight Train when they are in opposite direction. What is the relation between their Velocities?
2) There are many trees in a certain wood.(this s the reverse of wood in tree. it was given like tht to confuse you).The owner observes that there are as many birds in each tree as there are trees in the wood. He also knows that total number of birds is 2000-2100. Find the number of trees in the wood? (i.e.,Bird in each tree=total no. of trees)
3) trains from howrah starts at 09hrs and reach bombay at 0930 hrs after 3 days..same way in de opposite direction.. a person travels from bombay to howrah... how many trains he ll cross on his way to howrah..
4) There are 5 towns - nalanda, thrilothika, rampur, solanpur and maninagar. So say N, T, S, R, M. Out of these, 4 are capitals, 3 industrial towns, two hill stations, two towns are on same longitude. Population of two cities is less than five lakhs and that of one city is 20 lakhs, also of other two cities is more than 50 lakhs. Thirlothika is an industrial town. Maninagars population is 20 lakhs. There are 4 capitals and two industrial towns. Now some data are given involving longitudes and latitudes such as, one of the hill stations do not lie in the longitude in which the harbour which is also an industrial town lies and so on. Rampur and thrilothika lies on same longitude. Solapur and Maninagar lies on same latitude like that. And also, the population of the towns is involved from which the following four questions should be answered,
( 4 combinations were given for each question )
Which of the following combination has less than 5 lakhs population.
Ans: Nalanda and Rampur
The town which is a harbour, industrial town and capital
Which of the following combination have more than 50 lakhs population.
Ans: Thrilothika and solanpur
The town that is not a capital
5) A cow is standing 5 feet from the middle of the bridge. A train is coming towards the cow at speed of 90 miles per hour from the near end and the train is twice as long as the bridge. If the cow had tried to move forward in the same direction as of the train then the cow would have got hit be three feet. But it moved in opposite direction to the train and saved by one feet. Then What is the length of the bridge? The gait of the cow
6) Ann, Carol, Eve are friends. Ann wearing blue if only eve wearing red. Ann and carol can wear red but not on the same day. Carol and eve can wear blue both not on the same day. Find Ann dress color?
7) if the charges are as follows
like this 6 values and the persons are paint hanger,painter,plumber,carpenter,electrician,mason. find their individual charges (very easy to solve)
8) Clark, Jones, Smith and Morgan are Butcher, Grocer, Druggist and Policeman. Based on the given conditions find who is who.
1. Clark and Jones are neighbors and they drive each other on alternatively to work.
2.The Butcher always walks to work.
3.Clark beats Smith at the bowl regularly.
4.The Policeman has met the Grocer only once when he arrested him for speeding.
5.The Policeman and the Druggist are not neighbors.
6.Jones earns more than Morgan.
7.The Policeman earns more than the druggist or Grocer.
Quite confusing and time consuming for me.
9) this question was based on cents. A guy bought a bunch of yellow bananas for some x cents and red bananas for some y cents. And something like he gets two more bunch for some cents. How many cents he had? cant remember actual question but its similar..
10) cant remember sorry guys
1. Reading comprehension
2. Pick the sentence which is incorrect
3. Choose the appropriate word.
4. Choose the right verb..
5. Fill the blanks with right word.
I didn't manage time properly. So I was not short listed. Also the guy who came for us gave only few minutes and I think he calculated the time from filling the form. But sure he didn't provide us 90 minutes accurately.
Nearly 1000+ attended and only 101 short listed for interview.. They published the result by 4.00PM, but only one notice board, so we had a nice fight in seeing the result and broke two bike (new Honda activa and hero Honda splendor).. that much of people around there. Even some parents came and they were also crushed in the crowd...
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.