INFOSYS PAPER - 19 AUG 2006 - KOCHIN
This is Abin. I attended infosys on 19th August at Kochin
ALL THE QUESTIONS WERE REPEATED.
So you must go through atleast 10 latest question papers and be thorough with the way of solving them.
Also be thorough with SHAKUNTHALA DEVI puzzles-both volumes. I would say the above two are the minimum requirements.
You may be, I repeat, may be able to manage without George Summers-But go thro the easier ones in it.
Go thro the simplest problems in RAVI NARULA also Summers and Narula can be omitted if there are time constraints..
English Section is ok. But if you are a little bit weak preapare well. Also prepare well for the HR questions.
Above all we need God's grace to succeed in life....
I think if u get a time gap of 10 days between call and test it is very much sufficient. Work sincerely bcoz infosys is the easiest of all companies to get thro. Be prepared for interview also.
BE CAREFUL IN FILLING THE FORM WHICH THEY GIVE YOU BEFORE THE WRITTEN. I was asked many questions during the interview based on the things which I had mentioned in it. You should have a convincing answer for all the things you have written in it.
My suggestion- show the steps in solving the puzzles.They will give some credit to it even if the final answer is wrong.
1) A software Engineer returns from America. As he is fat he decided to have evening walk...he started at 3 p.m, he walks along a flat road at 4 km/hr for some time he climbs uphill at 3 km/hr then on return he walked at speed of 6 km/hr ...again at 4 km/hr...he returned at 9 pm. find the distance covered by him one way.
Answer:: let plain road is=xkm
total time of walk =9-3=6hrs
x/4+y/3+y/6+x/4= 6 3 marks
2) one watch gains 1minute/hr another watch loses 2minute/hr. in how much time the difference of time between them would be one hour.
Answer :: 20 hrs -5 marks
3) Three types of fruits Candy, Chocolates, Gumdrops are available. And totally there are 20 fruits and it costs 20 cents. Candy cost 4 cents and 2 fruits of Gumdrops costs 1 penny and 4 fruits of Chocolates costs 1 penny. how many fruits of different types are there.
ans) I think penny and cent are equal (not sure).
the ans I wrote: 16 fruits, candy 4 gumdrops 0 3 marks
4) Two pipes are filling a tank in 10 min and 15 min respectively. And the tank is having leak and it is taking 7 1/2 minutes to empty the tank. Three are simaltaneosuly opened. how much time it will take to fill the tank?
ans) 1/10 +1/15 - 2/15 =1/30 portion filled in 1 min
therefore 30 min. 3 marks
5) Five thief's decided to stole the diamond from a jewellery shop. First person went into the shop and he stolen half of the diamonds plus 2 and the second person went into the shop and he stolen half of the remaining plus 2 and the third person stolen half of the remaining plus 2 and the fourth person stolen half of the remaining plus 2 when the fifth person entered into the shop only one diamaond is left. How namy diamonds are there in the shop?
ans) let there r x diamonds in the shop.
First person went and taken half of the diamonds plus 2 i.e x/2 +2
Then the remaining diamonds are x-[x/2+2] = (x-4)/2
second person went into the shop and taken half plus 2 =(x-4)/4 + 2
then the remaining diamonds are (x-4)/2 - ((x-4)/4 + 2) and this will be continued
ans is 76-not sure.
6) Two friends are playing a game. They had a bet of $1 for every match. A won 3$ and where as B won 3 matches. How many matches are totally played
ans)B won 3 matches means he won 3$ 3marks
Then A won 3 matches means he won 3$
Here both have won 3$ which is equal.
And at last A won 3 mathes which he won 3$
So totally 9 games were played.
7)An artist has exactly seven paintings ---,T,U,V,W,X,Y, and Z -- from which she must choose exactly five to be in an exhibit. Any combination is acceptable provided it meets the following conditions:
If T is chosen , X cannot be chosen
If U is chosen , Y must also be chosen
If V is chosen , X must also be chosen
a) Which one of hte following is an aceptable combination of paintings for inclusion in the exhibit?
5 choices were given
b) If painting T is chosen to be among the paintings included int he exhibit which one of the following cannot be chosen to be among the paintings included in the exhibit?
again 5 choices
c) Which one of the following substitutions can the artist always make without violating restrictions affecting the combination of paintings given that the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned second was, originally going to be chosen ?
d) If the artist chooses painting V to be included among the paintings in the exhibit, which one of the following must be true of that combination of paintings?
8) Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards. Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has two different colors on either side. There are 2 red, 2green and 2 blue. The colors visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment.
A : Yellow or Green
B : Neither Blue nor Green
C : Blue or Yellow
D : Blue or Yellow
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colors on the cards each person.
ans 27: the series goes like 1^1, 2^2, 3^3, 4^4.......
b)dont remember the series
ans: 1st no+last no =19
2nd no+ 2nd last no=19
10) problem on 3 persons telling lies and 1 telling the truth and u have to find the culprit
repeated one-easy. go thro some old question papers and u will find this question.
ans was NED
ENGLISH : (30 MIN 45 QUESTIONS)
1 Reading comprehension ( A very long passage was given. but very easy. my suggestion do it at last)
2. Sentence completion.
3. Error detection in sentences.
4. Fill in the gaps with appropriate words (Prepositions etc.)
5. On Tense and Narration change.
6. Meanings of phrases.
2 persons in the panel.
U are frm ____district in Kerala,
tell abt the famous thing in ur district.-I said a world famous arch dam
why its shape is arch?
I said the reason was something related to physics which I dont remember exactly.
Now the 2nd guy intervened and asked. r u not interested in knowing things
I said:definitely, I am interested
Then he asked :did it ever feel to you that u should know this?
I said: I missed it.
the first guy:Tell abt ur college-say something
Tell one thing abt ur college which u dont like
I said my hostel rules were very strict.
What u want to become in life?
I said a good human being
then he asked: r u a bad human being now?
I said: by good I meant better
continuing on that question he asked:
on which aspect do u want to improve?
say something positive, dont say anything which will give the interviewer a negative impression.
I had written in my resume and in the form under achievements column dat I have participated in many quiz competitions and won prizes at school level. also I wrote I had qualified national level NTSE exam.
Then he asked who is the finance minister of india
2nd guy: railway minister of india?
next question: when was the NTSE exam?I said during my 10th std.
what do u do in ur free time: I read newspapers
I st guy:Which newspapers do u read?
news papers in my regional language and also THE HINDU.
then he asked: who is the chief editor of hindu
I said:I dont know
tell at one challenge u faced in ur life
I told one incident.
Finally he asked : do u have any questions:
I asked how infy is combating the threat from global giants. especially ibm, accenture etc..which are expanding their india operations on a large scale
He said something
2nd ques: what is the infosys' vision for the year 2020?
he asked me go thro the website.
He said if you are selected you will be informed within 3 weeks
The interview ended there.
while I was leaving the room he asked
r u going back to ur place today?
I said yes..
I was not asked any puzzle in the interview. Some other panels asked puzzles. Thats all.......
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.