INFOSYS PAPER - 27 AUG 2006 - CHENNAI
I attended the infy test on 27th aug 2006.
Venue: St. Michael's Academy, Chennai
The test was very easy, with only one or two ques a bit tough. But being cool minded will make you thru. But I was not shortlisted-dont know where i went wrong. I solved 9 puzzles, which im providing you wid solutions.
1. A round log weighs 30kg. If the thickness of the log is doubled and its length is made twice short,then how much will the log weigh? (3 Marks)
Ans: 30kg (Since the dimensions change proportionally-plz check out if it is correct)
2. Add one digit to the left of 15 and one digit to its rite such that the resulting number is divisible by 15. How many such 4 digits can be formed. (3 Marks)
Ans: 1155 can be one number. I think 6 more nos can be formed.
3. Replace each letter by one digit,wid no two letters having same value- Repeated from prev papers.(8 MArks)
X Y Z X Y Z
+ A B - A B
C D E F B G A
we need to find the value of X:Y:Z:E
Ans: X: 9
4. There were 3 statements given by Goffery, Hallmann & Molly. Each gave two true statements & 1 false. Easy to solve...U are asked to find the respective ages from their statements. (6 Marks)
Ans: Molly : 22yrs
Goffery : 23 yrs
Hallmann : 25 yrs
5. Sally is fond of drinking soda. She gets one full bottle for every 5 empty bottles. She has 77 empty bottles. How many max bottles of soda can sally drink??(4 marks)
Ans: 19 bottles
From 77 bottles, she can use 75 empty bottles to get 15 full bottles.
Remaining 2 from 77
Adding 2 to 15,gives 17 empty bottles.
From 17 bottles, she can use 15 empty bottles to get 3 full bottles.
Remaining 2 from 17
Emptying the 3 new ones and adding 2 prev ones gives one. Hence she gets 1 more for these 5.
Hence 15+3+1 = 19 bottles of soda
6.Prob no:197 from Shakuntala Devi's MORE PUZZLES(3 marks)
Ans: 28 days
7. A prob of fruit salads. repeated from prev paper (8 Marks)
8. 75 is symbolled as ~ ! @
255 is symbolled as @ ~ !
183 is symbolled as ! @ ~
? is symbolled as ~ @ !
9. There are 50 pupils comprising of 26 boys and 24 girls. The principal divided them into 2 groups. Group A consisted of 30 pupils & Group B consisted of 20 pupils. He knew that the proportion of boys in Group A is more than the girls in Group B. How many number of boys were more in group A than the girls in group B?
Ans: 6 boys
Let Group A have 16 boys & 14 girls
Then Group B will have 10 boys & 10 girls.
10. This was a question of Mr. Riddle to meet his solicitor after 11hrs. Sorry dont remember the question. It was quite confusing too. But be calm and u'll conclude.
Verbal section was easy. Pl dont answer the passages at first. Do it at last. Any GRE book will do for Synonyms. Basic English knowledge is enough.
All the Best
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.