INFOSYS PAPER - 15 OCT 2006
Firstly I would like to thank Friends mam for creating such an awesome and 100% useful site ..This is the site with best idea, best motive and best execution of all the best plans.
I have attended the infosys exam on 15 th October 2006.....Thanks to god I have cleared the written and I have given my interview on 16th October and I am selected by god's grace....First of all I would like to tell all the people aspiring to get into infosys one thing..write the exam only if u are well prepared.... even before this I got a call for an exam on august 6th as I was not fully prepared I didn't attempt it....and that decision was right..
These are the points from my experience...5 steps to make it to infosys....about how to prepare for infosys..
1) First complete shakuntala devi "puzzles to puzzle u"...complete in the sense do it ...
Understand the approach so that u can attempt any new puzzle with that approach.
2) Next go for 300 puzzles b shakuntala devi and solve as many as possible...puzzles regarding shapes and all may be much helpful for interview..
3) Just go through the procedure to be followed for attempting analytical problems from barrons 12th or 13th edition...u will surely get an idea....
4) Check out george summers book to just see the approach and understand it because u wil not get such tough puzzles but the approach followed in that book is really awesome..
5) And the most important thing of all do the previous papers compulsorily u will gain very much confidence..that u can attempt any problem..
1) A family I know has several children .Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters..how many boys and girls are there?(question was given in slightly different way but the on the same lines)
Sol:- each boy has as many sisters as brothers so obviously no. of boys is one greater then the number of girls..
Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers..condition1
each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters.......condition2
Now by trail and error...g=3.b=4 satisfies the conditions..
2) A girl has 77 empty bottles.and five bottles make one full bottle so how many bottles did the girl drink?
Sol:-77=75+2=75/5 +2=15 +2= 17
17=15+2=15/5 +2=3 +2=5
Total bottles the girl drank was 17+5+1=23 bottles
3) A 5 digit no is there. Sum of 1st and 2nd digits is 1 less than the 3rd. 3rd is twice the 4th. 3rd is the multiple of 4th and 5th. 2nd is the addition of 4th and 5th. And addition of 3rd and 4th is twice the 2nd.(similar one)
4) Fill the missing no in the series
b) 1,2, 3, 8, .., 224
Ans a)231 2^2-1^2=3, 3^2-2^2=5 similarly 16^2- 8^2=231 b) 27
5) some new one sorry dnt remember..
6) a flight question..if we were two hours late sort of.....its in the previous papers
7) shoestrings, hankerchiefs problem ..u can find this also in previous papers....
8) some 8 marks reasoning question which man holds which post given some conditions...follow the truth table strategy
9) and another 8 marks question..cards one ..mostly repeated check out prev papers..
10) puzzles to puzzle u ..puzzle number ..15..
It seems the pattern has slightly changed ..but if this helps anyone..I would be happy..
Regading interview...be wat u are..if u clear written 90 percent of the job is done....
Be confident and believe in urself......i am sorry if there are any mistakes and also for posting the paper very late...ALL THE BEST FOR ALL.........
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.