INFOSYS PAPER - 24 SEP 2006 - HYDERABAD
I attended infosys written test on 24th of September in Hyderabad....All the q were repeated from previous papers ..I really Thank Friends madam for this wonderful site..
To crack infy just go through the Shakuntala devi puzzles book(1st one) and previous papers that's all no need of George ummers......if u don't have time just go through the previous papers..
Regarding English just go through any English grammar book.. Don't neglect English...I am giving English paper also.....
Here are the questions ......
1) A person gives a book for binding, but the binder cuts the book in such a way that he cuts away the no.s on the pages. So now the person sits down 2 write the page no.s. what he observes is that the book had 61 three's. How many pages does the book contain?
Answer: 300 pages
2) A man travels a roller coaster. He says 1/3rd of the ppl r b4 him n 3/4th of them behind him. How many of them r thr in total?
3) This the easiest question in the paper I am giving this q just for an idea........
An artist has exactly seven paintings ---, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z -- from which she must choose exactly five to be in an exhibit. Any combination is acceptable provided it meets the following conditions:
* If T is chosen, X cannot be chosen
* If U is chosen, Y must also be chosen
* If V is chosen, X must also be chosen
4 questions are given based on this( u can easily get this)....
4) Clark, jones, mason and smith are 4 people. their professions are druggist, butcher, policeman, and grocer not in the same order as their names.find their respective professions?
1) Clark and jones are neighbours and they drive each other to work.
2) jones earns more than mason.
3) Policeman earns more than druggist and grocer.
4) policeman does not have druggist as a neighbour.
5) butcher goes to his work by walk.
6) policeman doesnot meet the grocer until he arrests him for exceeding the speed limit.
7) clark beats smith every time at bowling.
Answer: jones => druggist
Clark => Grocer
Smith => policeman
Mason => Butcher.
5) The minute hand of a clock overtakes the hour hand at intervals of 65minutes of the correct time. How much a day does the clock gain or lose in 1 day??
(This q is from R.S agarwal)
6) A women asks the weatherist wats the temp for last five days. He says I don remember the exact temp, but the temp's product was 12 n they all r different.
7) There are two trains. One from New York to Washington and second from Washington to New York. The total journey to a destination takes 5 hours. A train from New York to Washington leaves on hour at every hour The train from Washington to New York leaves an hour and on half an hour. How many trains will be passing if you are traveling from New York to Washington?
Answer: 19 trains
8) J and K are playing some cricket matches. If K wins , then J would have won the same no. of matches as K. But if J wins the match , then till now he would have won twice the number of matches won by K . Find the number of matches they have each won till now.
Ans: K=2, J=3
9) In a Race Davis beats Jim.Jack is not the last .Samantha loses to both Jack and Lucia in the order.Jim beats Jack.Who Won the race?
10) Sry guys I didn't remember this one
If u want clear explanations of any of these problems just send a mail to email@example.com
All The Best
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.