INFOSYS PAPER - 07 AUG 2005
Ans: 64 years
2) Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards. Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has two different colours on either side. There are 2 red, 2green and 2 blue. The colours visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue.
They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment.
A: Yellow or Green
B: Neither Blue nor Green
C: Blue or Yellow
D: Blue or Yellow
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colours on the cards each person.
3) what is the 5 digit number which has only 2 prime numbers in it and satisfies the following
a>3rd digit is the largest
b>2nd digit is the smallest
c>1st digit is one less than the 3rd digit and greater than the
addition of 4th and 5th digit.
d>5th digit is between the 1st and 2nd digit and half of the 4th digit.
1 is not considered as the prime number.
4> What is the value of X,Y and Z?
X X X X
Y Y Y Y
Z Z Z Z
Y X X X Z
Ans: X=9, Y=1, Z=8
5)40 cows graze a pasture in 40 days,30 cows graze the same pasture in 60 days. how many days does 20 cows take to graze it.
Ans:80 days (check it)
6) A person from washington came to india. One evening at 6.00 p m he started walking at the speed of 40 km/hr and climbed the slope at speed of 30 km/hr.
From there he walked back to the source at the same speed at 9.00 p m.
what is the distance he covered in one way.
Ans: 12 kms
7) A c-pole of 200 ft is 250 ft from the d-pole which is 150 ft high.. Two pigeons are sitting at the top of each poles (one in one pole) Both pigeon fly towards a grain which is present between the 2 poles at the same speed. What is the distance between the c-pole and the grain?
8) A 1 Km wire is connected between N poles. if 1 pole is removed the distance between the pole increases by 2/3 of the original distance. How many poles are there ?
9)A question on languages. something like... Four people are there among them they know languages like French, Italian, German, English.
Each of them know two languages exactly.
no body knows French and German together.
10) a question on racing.
asking who is the first in the race.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.