1. Clark, Jones, Smith and Morgan are Butcher, Grocer, Druggist and Policeman. Based on the given conditions find who is who.
1. Clark and Jones are neighbors and they drive each other on alternatively to work.
2.The Butcher always walks to work.
3.Clark beats Smith at the bowl regularly.
4.The Policeman has met the Grocer only once when he arrested him for speeding.
5.The Policeman and the Druggist are not neighbors.
6.Jones earns more than Morgan.
7.The Policeman earns more than the druggist or Grocer.
Quite confusing and time consuming for me.
Clark and Jones are not butchers
Proceeding like this solve it.
2. Trains leave from New York to Washington every hour on the hour (1:00,2:00....).Trains leave from Washington to New York every hour on the hour and half hour(1:00,1:30,2:0,2:30....).It takes a train 5 hrs to complete its journey from Washington to New York as well as from New York to Washington. A train leaves from New York to Washington. Find out how many trains it will meet before it reaches Washington
3. A man drives with constant speed..n he after some time he sees a milestone with 2-digits..then he travels for an hr n sees the same 2 digits in reverse order..n then after an hr he sees that the milestone has the same 2 digits with a 0 between them.. so whats the man speed?
4. . Last Year my cousin came to my place and we played a game where the loosing one has to give one choclate to the person who won the game .At the end of the vacation,i.e the day my cousin was leaving she counted number of games that i won an she won.At last she gave me a total of 8 choclates even though she won about 12 games.
How many days did my cousin stayed in my house?
5. a. Rimmie wears a hat only if goerge wears a tie.
b. George wears a scarf only if Johnie wears a tie.
c. Vickie wears a googles only if Rimmie wears a hat.
some what like this there are 8 statements, from that we have to determine who wears what.
6. A person is 80 years old in 490 and only 70 years old in 500 in which year is he born?
7. A solicitor says to his friend that its one hour before the end of the summer; when can we have our meeting?
Friend : we can meet 11 hours after the town clock has 10 seconds to strike.
Solicitor : doesn't it the town clock strikes with 1 second between
Friend : yes
So what is the time of their meeting?
8. Name of some 5 persons are given say A,B,C,D,E. and it is said that they play games and some conditions are given like if A comes second B and C are in third and fourth position.. its very easy.. the question is to find the position of B,C,D,..
9. A farmers wife says to her husband if we have 75 chicken ,they can be fed for 20 days and if still more 100 chicken are there they can be fed for only 15 days
how many chicken does the farmer have?
10. 1/8th of my life as a boy, said my boss,1/6th as a young man. So on like this. Jus add up the fractions to find the age of the boss.