INFOSYS PAPER - 03 JUL 2005 - DELHI
I have given Infosys exam on 3 July at Delhi. there were puzzles for 1hr time and then 30 min for English exam. The puzzles are given in attachment and English exam consist of the questions like:
1. some ques were on passage
2. some ques were based on tense in a comp paragraph with diff sentences.
3. ques were very simple spellings mistakes
4. ques based on phrases
5. some fill ups were there.
go through shakuntala Devi book for puzzles. solve atleast 150 ques, u will definitely get 1 or 2 ques. also solve all the previous papers u will get 3-4 ques definitely. so u will have 5 ques in ur hand directly. now in exam u have to solve only 3 ques coz if u correct 8 ques out of 10 then u r selected.
don't waste ur time in summers book coz its of no use.
The Infosys Question paper held on 3 July 2005, Delhi.
1. There is a circle race going on. One of them says,"1/3 of those in front of me and 3/4 of those behind me, give the total number of children in the race". Then the number of children took part in the race?
Ans : 13
2. In an Island the natives lie and visitors speak truth. A man wants to whether a salesman beside him in a bar is a native or visitor. He asked him to ask a woman beside him whether she is a native or visitor. He replied that she says "she is a visitor". Whether the salesman is a native or visitor?
Ans : Visitor
3.A man fixed an appointment to meet Mr.X, X asked him to meet two days after the day before the day after tomorrow. Today is Friday. Whats the appointed day.
4. A jewel problem, with some conditions and it is quite easy to solve.
5.A man said he spent 1/6 of his as a child, 1/12 as salesman in a liquor shop, 1/7 and 5 years as a politician and a good husband respectively. At that time Jim was born. Jim was elected as Alderman four years back. when he was half of his age. What is his age.
Ans: 84 ( It is same as diaphantus problem given in shakuntala devi -2 part)
6.Jack,Dough and Ann, 3 children had a race when returning from school. Ann takes 28 steps when Droug takes 24 steps, meantime Jack takes 21 steps. Jack explained that his 6 steps equals Droug's 7 steps and Ann's 8 steps. Who won the race?
7. Every day a cyclist meets a car at the station. The road is straight and both are traveling in the same direction. The cyclist travels with a speed of 12 mph. One day the cyclist comes late by 20 min. and meets the car 5miles before the Station. What is the speed of the car?
Ans: 60 mph
8. A problem of persons and profession. 4 persons were there- Jack, Clove, Smith, Morgan. Some conditions were there. I don't remember, but I remember the answer.
Ans: Clove : Druggist
Morgan : Butcher
Smith : Policeman
9.A lady goes for shopping. She bought some shoestrings. 4 times the number of shoestrings, she bought pins and 8 times, handkerchiefs. She paid each item with their count as each piece's cost. She totally spent Rs. 3.24. How many handkerchiefs did she buy?
Ans : 16
10. Complete the series :
Ans : a) 73 b) 1
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.