I had given the test for Infosys on 6th Nov @ Bangalore... the test was mostly repeated questions. The easiest way to crack the test is to go thru the previous questions and of course the puzzles book by Sakunthala Devi.... frankly I just prepared for a week.... went thru loads of previous question papers that really helped me a lot!!
I gave the interview on the next day... I dint perform it that well.. anyways hoping to get a positive reply from them in 3 weeks time....
I'm just giving the gist of the paper since I dont remember the exact.. it was as follows...
1) Frog leapt 3 ft and falls 2 ft... hw many days to come out of 30ft deep well..
Ans: 28 days (3marks)
2) The card problem
Ans: Yellow (Lied)
Green (lied) (8marks)
3) X Y Z
+A B C D
E F G H
X Y Z
- A B C
something like this and we have to find values of X, Y, Z. This is easy but time consuming and do by trail & error method...
4) In a city the following survey was done and the data input is as follows
1/3 people dont use powder
2/5 dont use liquid
427 use both liquid and powder
1/5 dont use both
Find the total no of people who were surveyed (6marks)
5) One logical was ter it was easy (8Marks)
6) A log weighs 30kg. if its diameter is doubled and the height is reduced by half, what will be its weight? (3marks)
7) Man travels to a place, his car tire gets punctured, reaches 30min late... the man says if his tire had got punctured before some distance he would have reached only 15 min late... something like this.... find the distance.. (Similar problem in Puzzles to Puzzle you)
Ans 120 Miles
8) A girl gave 1/2 chocolate to mother, 1/2 to father... then she ate another half, gave1/2 to her pet... the remaining to her brother... how many chocolates did she have totally...
Ans: I thnk ans is 7... I am not sure pls chk it...
9) I don remember.... :-
10) I don remember.... :-
The verbal is very easy... I didnt prepare from any book. so am not sure of which book to follow....
Wishing all you aspirants good luck..... :-)
Believe in yourself and do with confidence... its easy to crack the test.... Dont go without preparing the previous question papers.... atleast 2003-2005 is a MUST!!