INFOSYS PAPER - 09 NOV 2003
I am giving the question paper of 9th nov. May be some question will get repeated. I had written the test on 9th november.
I have tried to put the puzzles in the same language as they were actually.
I had solved 9 puzzles correct and the one (5th half- had formed the equations but time didn't permitted me to solve ).
These were the questions from the puzzle part.
1. I spent one-sixth of my age as a boy and one-12th in youth,remarked the boss"spentone-seventh and five yearsin matrimony".My son born just after that period was elected as a governor 4 years back when he was half of my present age. what is the age of the boss?
2. A girl had several dollars with her. she went out for shopping and spent half of them in shopping mall,being generous she had given 1 dollar to the beggar. After that she wqent for lunch and spent the half of the remaining and gave 2 dollars as tip to the waiter.Then she went to watch a movie and spent the half of remaining dollars and gave autorikshaw-wala 3 dollars.
This left her with only 1 dollar.
How many dollars did she had with her at the beggining.
3.#couples were there ,B ,E,C. and G, H, M, Bill, Eds and Cleo husbands and Grace,Helen and Marry wives, not in order. went to play 18 points golf .
1.GHM and E scored 100,102,106 and 94 respectively.
2.B and C either scored 98 and 96 and had written there scores in cards which they lost .but when found them back,they found that the two couples had the same total
3.eDS WIFE DEFEATED bILLS WIFE.
Tell the combinations?
4. Aperson says that his son is 5 times as old as his daughter and his wife is 5 times older than his son and he is twice the age of his wife . The sum total of all the ages equals the age of the grand mother who celebrated her 81st birthday today.
How old was his son?
5. A bargainhunter bought some plates for $ 1.30 from asale on saturday,where price 2 was marked off at each article .On monday she went to return them at regular prices,and bought some cups and saucers from that much amount of money only. the normal price of plate were equal to the price of 'one cup and one saucer'. In total she bought 16 items more than previous. saucers were only of 3 cents hence she brought 10 saucers more tahn the cups, How many cups and saucers she bought and at what price?
6.Two marbel shooters. One gained 20 marbles more than other ,but to play off he lost two-third of his marbles leaving the other with the 4 times more of the marbles the one had at the end of the play.
how many marbles did each had in the beggining?
7. A jeweller prepared a window display each displaying 3 of the 7 jems at a time . They were Amethyst,opal,sapphire,emerald, ruby and garnet.Displayed according to the following conditions:-
1 A sholud always be displayed on the left window and D on the right.
2 Ruby should never come with any of D or G.
3.E should always be with S.
then some 4 questions were asked on this. easy
#1 which combination is appropriate?
#2 which condition is correct in the right window?
#3 Ruby can be displayed with following other two?
#4 S can be displayed with the following other two on left side window?
8. Racing competition.Participants were from 3 tribes
Sonorean-always says truth
Midorean-alternatively says T and F, not with any particular start.
A says-1. C obstructed me at the last moment ,which caused me to losethe race.
2. C always speak true
3. c is the winner.
B says - 1. A is the winner.
2. c says false always.
C says- 1.B won the Race
2. I didn't caused any obstruction to A at the last time.
IDentify the tribes of each.
9. Thief in a jewellary shop
1st had solen half of the diamonds from the pile of Diamonds after that took 2 more .
2nd took half of the remaining and took 2 more .
3rd and 4 rth did the same
when 5th came there were no diamond left for him.
How many no. of diamonds were there in the pile?
10. Amy,Axe and Haurt were playing togather.
1) Either Amy or Axy is the oldest
2) Either Haurt is the oldest or amy is the youngest.
Who is the oldest and youngest?
From the English section:-
1 First part was the reading comprehension, 5 question were there ,quite easy
2 second were some fill in the blanks like
The journalist ______ the fact, that the anti drug suad _______ the problem.
b) noted, caused
like this 5 questions were there
3 Third part Sequence of related sentences were there basically to chech the knowlegde of the tenses. about 10 questions were there
4 Fourth part 4 sentences were given . We had to find out the incorrect one.5 questions were thr.
5 Two sentences were there ,to find out hte correct one .(check the meaning of exorbitant etc. basically for vocabulary test.).5 questions.
6 Paragraph fill in the blanks. needs a bit time.5 questions.
7. % questions were there to test the knowledge of articles etc. like
1. He was very good ______ drafting the minutes.(at/in/on) i think 'at'. etc.
This is all about INfosys.
Result depends upon ur preparation and god.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.