INFOSYS PAPER - 07 DEC 2003 - BANGALORE
First of all I would like to Thank Ms. Friends and Mr. Suri for providing immense help to IT aspirants and professionals by forming this wonderful group. It's also nice to read the success stories from so many friends. I am silent member of this group for last 3 months, this is my second mail to the group, first was rejected. I received lot of information from the group and now it's my turn. I got a call letter for Infosys test on Saturday 6th December to attend a test on Sunday 7th at Pune. I attended the test in Bangalore center on the same day.
Sending the question paper as I remember it, questions may not be in the same order as they appeared and sometimes in my own language. I cleared the test and was called for an interview on next day that's on Monday 8th at 2 PM at electronic city. When I reached there, they told me, I fall under the category of fresher and they have interviews for experienced people, As a fresher I need to give another test on English, which was of 30 mins duration, 45 questions. It was simple. Now I am waiting for the further communication from their side.
Date: 7th December 2003
Place: Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
1. Two travelers, one with 64 barrels of wine, other with 20 barrels of wine. They don't have enough money to pay duty for the same. First traveler pays 40 francs and gives his 5 barrels, Second traveler gives his 2 barrels but gets 40 francs in exchange. What's value of each barrel, and duty for each barrel?
Ans: Value of each barrel-120 francs, Duty on each-10 francs
2. What is Ann's relation with her husband's mother's only daughter-in-law's sister's husband?
3. Some guy holding a glass of wine in his hand looking around in the room says, "This is same as it was four years ago, how old are your two kids now?" Other guy says "Three now, Pam had one more in the meanwhile." Pam says, "If you multiply their ages, answer is 96 and if you add the ages of first two kids, addition is same as our house number." The first guy says, "You are very smart but that doesn't tell me their ages." Pam says, "It's very simple, just think." What are the ages of three kids?
Ans: 8, 6, 2
4. There are seven paintings T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z of which she has to select five for the exhibition. Following are the conditions:
a. If T is selected, X cannot be selected
b. If U is selected, Y must be selected
c. If V is selected, X must be selected
Answer following questions: (4 options for each sub-question, Don't remember options exactly)
(i) Find the correct sequence of exhibits from the following: Ans: U, V, W, X, Y
(ii) If V is selected then which of the following is true? Ans: T cannot be selected
(iii) Don't remember this question. Ans: X can't be selected
(iv) If in the selected sequence one exhibit replaces other without violating conditions, which of the following replacement is possible? Ans: W replaces Z
5. A motor cyclist participant of a race says "We drove with the speed of 10 miles an hour one way, but while returning because of less traffic we drove on the same route with 15 miles per hour." What was their average speed in the whole journey?
Ans: 12 miles per hour
6. There are three tribes, Abhor, Dravid and Magar.
a. Abhor women can't marry Dravid man
b. Magar man can't marry Dravid woman
c. Son inherits tribe from his father and a daughter from her mother
d. All other combinations are possible
e. There's no wedlock
Four sub-questions for this. Don't remember exactly but were like this: Can abhor and magar couple have dravid descendents, magar daughter, etc.
7. Given following sequence, find the next term in the series:
(i) 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 12, 20, 16, ____ Ans: 12
(ii) 3, 6, 13, 26, 33, 66, ___ Ans: 53
8. Three customers want haircut and a shave. In a saloon, two barbers operate at same speed. They take quarter of an hour for the haircut and 5 mins for the shave. How quickly can they finish the haircut and shave of these three customers?
Ans: 30 minutes
9. A shopkeeper likes to arrange and rearrange his collection of stamps. He arranges them sometimes in pair, sometimes in bundle of three, sometimes in bundle of fours, occasionally in bundle of fives and sixes. Every time he's left with one stamp in hand after arrangement in bundles. But if he arranges in the bundle of seven, he's not left with any stamp. How many stamps does a shopkeeper have?
10. Three different types of objects in a bucket. How many times does one need to select object from the bucket to get atleast 3 objects of the same type?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.