IBM Campus Placement Paper (Technical, Aptitude & HR)
Paper: IBM Campus Placement Paper (Technical, Aptitude & HR)
1. like 3 consecutive prime adds to some no what is that
Ans: both 49 and 59.
2. one person traveled 4 laps with the speed of 10,20,40 ( or 30) and 60 kmph and what is the average speed.
Ans: 20 (sure)
3.like one student takes 20 mins if he go with speed 15kmph and at what speed he should go to reach in 15 mins ( nos are not same)
Ans: 16kmph( but not sure)
4. there are 2 type of people group 'yes' who always says yes ( they never say 'no') if they are not sure about they will remain silent. and other group name 'no' where the group of people always say 'no' if they are not sure they will remain silent. that's it now questions are
1) what will be the answer if i ask are u belong to group 'yes' options are: they remain silent ,say yes, say no, either yes or no, can't be determined
2) same question but if i ask are u belong to group 'no' answers for both above questions are not ( not determined)
3) what will the other person say if ask are u belong to group 'yes' and etc there were 5 questions first 4 u can do it last one little bit tough. spend some time on this u can do it.
5.Like from height of 8 mts on ball fell down and each time it bounces half the distance back. so what will be the distance traveled
Ans: 24 (sure) like 8+4+4+2+2+1+1+0.5+0.5+ and etc ..
6.like 6 cubes are arranged adjacently and given the perimeter and asked to find the perimeter of one cube.
Ans: if x is the total perimeter then (x/14)*4 leads to the answer. but check it once u will be having plenty of time. answer is 52 (13*4)
7. some data is given like this 10kmph in still water ship took some x mins and downstream some y mins in same time what is the stream value .... (q is not exat)
Ans: 3 (not sure)
8.some average problem like 16 students average weight and teacher joins them ....
Ans: 23 (sure) do this (16x+40)/(x+1) will give the value.
9. some problem on square like to increase area by 69% by what percent side should be increased
Ans: square root of 169 i.e 13 ( not sure)
10. no of rational nos b/w 0 and 5
11. First day of 1999 is Sunday what day is the last day
12. bullets problem some x no of bullets are shared by 3 people equally . and each fired 4 bullets then the sum of remaining bullets is equal to initially division value
Ans: 18 (sure)
13. bread problem, one come and eat half no of breads and something...
Ans: 63( check it)
14. like A can do in 6 day and B can do in 8 and C can do in 12 days but b left after working for 6 days for how many no of day A and C shluld work
1. what is vector processing
2. what is data integrity
3.which topology takes minimum wiring
4.best sorting if elements are already sorted
Ans: insertion sort
5.software configuration management -----
Ans: option a ( but check it from SE text book there are only 2 confusing answers)
6.In network the packers are flowing unnecessarily what is the way to control it and ....
7.some octal no to decimal conversion for given octal no the last digit was 7
Ans: the option a ( the decimal last digit was 1)
8. x-=y+1 is equivalent to
Ans: x=x-y-1 (sure) because it is interpreted as x=x-(y+1)
9. in a student form what is the relationship b/w student and course
Ans: actually it is many to one but they specified in a student form so think and write.
10.which is correct to append the output of ls and who to some file x.
Ans: (who;ls)>>x (check it)
11.what is trigger in DBMS (know what it will do)
12.what happens when we open a file in r+ mode like whether file will be created if it s not there can we write to file ...
13. what is ROM
Ans: it contains boot up program and it is not accessible that was one answer and another option was it is non volatile ( choose one among these 2)
14. what is int (*a)
Ans: pointer to an array of 4 integer (check it)
15. primary key of another table is present and so on..........
Ans: foreign key
16. what is the difference b/w 0123 and 123 in c?
17. which among the devices is spooled device
Ans: printer (correct)
18. if u get error in adapter which device will u use?
19. which is the real time application
1. why 2+2 is 4 why not 5.
Ans: assume u took 2 apples from A and 2 more apples from B and assume u are having 5 and give 2 to X and give 2 more to Y then nothing will be with u i.e u loosed.
2.how may stones did hanuman thowned on Lanka? ( different but of same type) and one more how many trees are there in your campus ?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.