IBM PAPER - 09 AUG 2003 - BANGALORE
I attended the IBM test in Bangalore on 9th august 2003. I had applied in June 2003 and got a call on August 4th. I have been placed in Bangalore itself. I think it takes time in IBM for your resume to get processed.
The test consisted of 40 qs. A time limit of 60 min was given. It had 20 aptitude and 20 technical qs. For the aptitude part, if you prepare from R.S. Agarwal, that is sufficient. And for the technical part, the questions were from a wide variety of subjects including OS, DBMS, C++, Software Engineering etc.
The questions which I remember I have written below.
1. How many times do the hands of the clock coincide in a day?
2. A question on time and work
3. qs. on speed and distance
4. five qs on sectors. In a pie chart the sectors were given in terms of percentages. Various questions were asked on it.
For each of these divisions the percentages was mentioned and something similar to the following questions were asked.
If 105 was scored, find which subject it is?
If the difference between Maths and Science is 25 which other 2 subjects have the same difference?
5. Software Configuration Management process is -----------------
6. Data Integrity constraint is ---------------------------------
7. Paging is ------------------------
8. What is the output of the following program
After the written test, I had a technical cum HR interview.
In the technical part, they asked me a lot of questions on my final semester project. They also asked me questions on DBMS, SDLC, OOPS concepts etc.
The questions which I remember are
1. What is the most important thing in database design?
2. Explain normalization technique as u would explain to a common man?
3. What are the steps in SDLC?
4. Which is the most important step in SDLC?
5. Is documentation a waste of time?
6. Draw a flowchart to find a number from an array.
7. What is error detection and where will u do it?
As for the HR part they asked me questions on my background. They also gave me a couple of situations like
if u get an offer from the 3 top companies which one would u choose?
After u joined IBM if u get a better offer from another company what will u do?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.