HUAWEI PAPER & INTERVIEW - 03 AUG 2006 - CHENNAI
Test consists of 60 questions with 60 minutes. (40 aptitude and 20 C questions)
1. The distance b/w 2 places is 1000 miles and a man has a camel which eats an apple/mile. He has 3000 apples and want to transport from one to another. Camel can take 1000 apples at a time. when reaching the destination how many apples will be with him?
2. How many 3-digit numbers will be there which are divisible by 19?
3. How many 3-digit numbers with atleast one 5 in their digits?
4. find the next term 0, 6, 24, 120, -
ans:210; each term is obtained by adding multiples of 6 with series 1,3,6,10,15
5. There is 12 perls. One of them is either light or heavy than others. There is a weighing pan. How many trials are needed to find the exceptional one.
6. There is a work which can be completed by A with 12 days and B by 18 days. A and B works together for 3 days and B left. After that how many days for A to complete the work?
7. 1992 Feb have 5 sundays. In which year, the month Feb have 5 sundays next?
8. There are 2 pots each filled with water and milk respectively. Some amount of milk is poured into water pot and then the some amount of mixture in water pot is poured into milk pot. which is true?
a. the amount of milk in water pot is greater than the amount of water in milk pot.
b. the amount of milk in water pot is less than the amount of water in milk pot.
c. the amount of water in milk pot is same as that of amount of milk in water pot.
d. cannot be determined.
9. In a party there are women and cats.There are 18 heads and 72 legs altogether. How many women and cats?
10. The sum of 25 consequtive integers (including negative, positive and zero) is divisible by
a. 5 b. 10 c. 25 d.
11. The headquarters of Huawei is at
a. Honkong b. Shenzan c. Shanghai d.
12. In olden times man used to avoid attacks of Dinosour
a. using fire b. Climbing the tree c. Using weapons d. None of the above
( i don't understand the significance of this question)
13. There is a population of N numbers and each person in the population shakehands with every other person. Which is true?
a. If N is even, even no of shakehands b. if N is even, odd no of shakehands
c. if N is odd, even no of shakehands d. if N is odd, odd no of shakehands
1. which is true?
out of 4 options ans is "& operator cannot be applied to register variables"
2. How many additions are done in this pgm
what is the output?
4. what is a bit=field?
5. Storage class defines
a.scope b.scope and permeance c.permeance d.
what is the output?
7. Changing some of the bits to a desired pattern is known as
a.masking b.Pruning c. d.
what is the output.
9.whether atleast one function in a C pgm.
First there is a tech interview and after succeeding this, second is a tech cum HR interview.
tell abt Urself.
some C pgms are given and find their output.
z = x++ + y++;
z = ++x + ++y;
memset(p,0,20) or memset(p,20,0) (i don't remember which one)
then some code, i don't remember
printf("%d %d %d",x,x>>2,x<<2);
5. write a pgm to print
1 2 1
1 2 3 2 1
1 2 3 4 3 2 1
6. write a pgm to find the fibinocci series recursively.
7. write a pgm to find the reverse fib series starting from N.
8. Given the Nth fib no and find the (N-1)th fib no without calculating from the beginning
9. Find the next term 60,30,20,
and some logical questions
second interview questions
- Tell abt yourself
- write an optimized pgm to find the smallest of 3 numbers.
- implement stack operations with pointers with appropriate exception checks.
- Explain any pgm using semaphores.
- Find the next term 0,4,18,100,-
prime number x asx^3-x^2
then some logical questions
1. what are Ur strengths
2. How many friends in the college
3. is friends include both boys and girls
4. what Ur friends tell about You.
5. is girls and boys tell the same opinion
6. usual Questions abt family
7. is staying in hostel.
8. is already placed in another company?
9. because my ans is yes, then why do you come for Huawei.
10. what do you know about Huawei Bangolore centre?
11. How many employees in bangalore.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.