This is Dharmendra Gangrade MCA 2010 Batch from VIT University Vellore (TN)
HCL Technology was came in our college at 12th January 2010 for recruitment
About HCL everybody know its a very good IT-company. it is very well known for its "employee first"... policy
=> Eligible Branches:
1. B.Tech (selected branches)
2. M.Tech (selected branches)
3. MCA & MS (SE)
1. 60% in X, XII, UG as applicable
2. 6 CGPA in pursuing degree and NO CURRENT ARREARS(cleared all papers in first attempt in pursuing degree)
these things may vary some times
=> HCL Pattern for 2010 at our college was
[A] Online Test
At our time NO GD
[A] Online Test:
The test was an online one
=> The question pattern for HCL is as follows
1. Verbal - 25 questions - 25 min
2. Aptitude - 25 questions - 35 min
3. Logical reasoning - 25 questions - 35 min
1. No jumping between questions is possible.
2. Only if you finish the first question, than only you can go to the other one.
Around 10-11am they took the test online
Around 11-12am they gave ppt about HCL Technology
Around 12.30pm they announced the online test result and from there itself we have to go for HR and Technical round
So about test it was simple some common topics was
Probability, Permutations and Combination, Work, Distance, Time
Sentence Correction, Passage reading
Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence matching for the conditions based on the Passage, simple English questions, and many more...
just focus on RS Agarwal both books (quantitative aptitude and verbal, non-verbal reasoning),
and a simple English objective book
solve some puzzles also
during test maintain the speed ...
[B]&[C] Tech & HR Interview:
After that Tech and HR was common for us
in HCL interview they asked some very simple questions like
1. tell me something abt your self ?
2. abt software project management.... some basics ? (this question based on your area of interest)
3. oracle9i and 10g ?
4. xml ?
5. basics of java ?
6. advance technologies in java ?
7. if I wont select so what will be the reasons ?
8. if you dont know any technology and I will give you work based on that tech. how will you do?
9. diff b/w XP and Vista ?
10. your long term and short term goals ?
12. some times about your project...work
13. some questions from ur resume directly
Some questions from ppt also...
some HR questions was very tricky....
and many more near abt 25+ minute....
You have to be very good in English and communication skills
for some of my friends the questions was like based on
multi-threading, iso-osi model, process model, stack and queue, oops, sql-query,
=>don't go for ONLY these questions be ready for any technical and HR question
focus on your area of interest and some basic subjects like
C, C++, JAVA, DS, DB, SOFTY, OS, N/W,
and 1 more thing...... they are really nice people.....
just be honest, be cool, and most important is be confident....
In the night @ 8.30 they disclosed the results and I was there.. in the list...
total 42/180+ students are selected
(From MCA me and my two more friends total 3/25+)...
So now onwards I am a part of HCL family...
Thanks to VIT and HCL for giving me this opportunity.
"EVERY BODY SAYING THAT BE CONFIDENT BUT THE THING IS IF YOU REALLY FINISHED ALL PREPARATION THEN ONLY CONFIDENCE WILL COME "
(means touch all possible 8-10 technical subjects basics & rs agarwal both books and puzzles and English aaaannnnnndddd good in English speaking n communication skill...
Finally I want to say luck is nothing in the world, write your own luck by hard work
Best wishes ... do well!!!