HCL TECHNOLOGIES PAPER - 2003 - NOIDA
1. a=2, b=3, c=6
Find the value of c/(a+b)-(a+b)/c
2. What does the hexa number E78 in radix 7.
3. 10 : 4 seconds :: ? : 6 minutes
4. Q is not equal to zero and k = (Q x n - s)/2.What is n?
(a) (2 x k + s)/Q
(b) (2 x s x k)/Q
(c) (2 x k - s)/Q
(d) (2 x k + s x Q)/Q
(e) (k + s)/Q
5. From the following statements determing the order of ranking
M has double the amount as D
Y has 3 rupess more than half the amount of D
Ans. Data insuffiecient
Questions 6 - 10 are to be answered on the following data
A causes B or C, but not both
F occurs only if B occurs
D occurs if B or C occurs
E occurs only if C occurs
J occurs only if E or F occurs
D causes G,H or both
H occurs if E occurs
G occurs if F occurs
6. If A occurs which of the following must occurs
I. F and G
II. E and H
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) III only
(d) I,II, & III
(e) I & II (or) II & III but not both
7. If B occurs which must occur
(b) D and G
(c) G and H
(d) F and G
8. If J occurs which must have occured
(b) either B or C
(c) both E & F
(e) both B & C
9. Which may occurs as a result of cause not mentioned
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) I & II
(d) II & III
(e) I,II & III
10. E occurs which one cannot occurs
11) A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution spills out of the jug, and the jug is then filled to capacity with water,approximately what percent of the resulting solution in the jug is salt?
(A)7.5% (B)9.5% (C) 10.5% (D)12% (E)15%
12) Working independently, Tina can do a certain job in 12 hours. Working independently, Ann can do the same job in 9 hours. If Tina Works independently at the job for 8 hours and then Ann works independently, how many hours will it take Ann to complete the remainder of the jobs?
(A)2/3 (B)3/4 (C)1 (D)2 (E)3
13) In a murder case there are four suspects P,Q,R,S. Each of them makes a statement. They are p: "I had gone to the theatre with S at the time of the murder".q: "I was playing cards with P at the time of the murder".r: "Q didn't commit the murder".s: "R is not the murderer".
Assuming the only one of the above statement is false and that
one of them is the murderer, who is the murderer?
d) Cann't be concluded
14) Mohan earned twice as much as Deep. Yogesh earned rs.3/- more than half as much as deep. If the amounts earned by Mohan,Deep,Yogesh are M,D,Y respectively, Which of the following is the correct ordering of these amounts?
< D < Y
< Y < D
< M < Y
d) It cann't be determined from the information given
< Y < M
15) Statistics indicate that men drivers are involved in more accidents than women drivers. Hence it may be concluded that
a) sufficiently information is not there to conclude anything
b) Men are actually better drivers but drive more frequently
c) Women Certainly drive more cautiously than Men
d) Men chauvinists are wrong about women's abilties.
e) Statistics sometimes present a wrong picture of things
16)Given that A,B,C,D,E each represent one of the digits between 1 and 9 and that the following multiplication holds:
A B C D E
E D C B A
what digit does E represent ?
17) HCL prototyping machine can make 10 copies every 4 seconds. At this rate, How many copies can the machine make in 6 min.?
18) if a=2,b=4,c=5 then
----- - ---- =
19) 10^2(10^8+10^8) =
20) Worker W produces n units in 5 hours. Workers V and W, workers independently but at the same time, produce n units in 2 hours.how long would it take V alone to produce n units?
a) 1 hr 26 min
b) 1 hr 53 min
c) 2 hr 30 min
d) 3 hr 30 min
e) 3 hr 20 min
Six knights - P,Q,R,S,T and U - assemble for a long journey in Two ravelling parties. For security, each travelling party Consists of at least two knights. The two parties travel by separate routes, northern and southern. After one month, the routes of the northern and southern groups converge for a brief time and at that point the knights can, if they wish, rearrange their travelling parties before continuing, again in two parties along separate northern and southern routes. Throughout the entire trip, the composition of traveling parties must be in accord with the following conditions
P and R are deadly enemies and, although they may meet briefly,can never travel together.
p must travel in the same party with s
Q cann't travel by the southern route
U cann't change routes
21) If one of the two parties of knights consists of P and U and two other knights and travels by the southern route, the other members of this party besides P and U must be
a) Q and S
b) Q and T
c) R and S
d) R and T
e) S and T
22) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members, which of the following is not a possible travelling party and route?
a) P,S,U by the northern route
b) P,S,T by the northern route
c) P,S,T by the southern route
d) P,S,U by the southern route
e) Q,R,T by the southern route
23) If one of the two parties of knights consists of U and two other knights and travels by the northern route, the other memnbers of this party besides U must be
a) P and S
b) P and T
c) Q and R
d) Q and T
e) R and T
24) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members of different parties, and R travels by the northern route,then T must travel by the
a) southern route with P and S
b) southern route with Q and R
c) southern route with R and U
d) northern route with Q and R
e) northern route with R and U
25) If, when the two parties of knights encounter one another after a month, exactly one knight changes from one travelling party to the other travelling party, that knight must be
26)A gambler bets on the team of seven players ABCDEFG whose winning a-4 to 1 against b-4 to 1 against c-4 to 1 against d-4 to 1 against e-5 to 1 against f-6 to 1 against g. how should he bet on g to set 20% profit.
27) If a person buy radio worth Rs 2468 and pay 7% sales .how much price of radio should reduce to pay only Rs 2468.
28)what is vasu salary if salary of vasu is more than rajan salary working in same company
i)vasu salary is 100 more than rajan salary.
ii)rajan found 2000 allowns which is 50 less than vasu.
(iii)basic salry of rajan is 1000.
(i)only i is required
(ii)i & ii is required
(iii)i& iii is required
(iv)i&ii&iii is required
(v)none of these
29) if in 100 miles race 8 person is running winner take 9.8sec and fifth man takes 10.4 sec the time of 8 man is in AP if in 4*100 meters realy of onside is 1,4,5,8 position then win by.
a).3 sec b).1 sec c).7 sec d).5 sec e)none
30)how many sons X have
qwe based on relation
ans(data i,ii,iii is insufficient)
More Questions on aptitude.
Instructions ALL NUMBER USED ARE REAL NUMBERS FOLLOWING EACH QUESTIONS ARE FIVE POSSIBLE ANSWERS LABELED
A).B).C).D)&E).TICK THE BEST CHOICE.
1. How many of the integers between 25 and 45 are even ?
(A)21 (B)20 (C)11 (D)10 (E)9
2. If taxi fares were Rs 1.00 for the first 1/5 mile and Rs 0.20 for each 1/5 miles thereafter. The taxi fare for a 3-mile ride was
(A)Rs 1.56 (B)Rs 2.40 (C)RS 3.00 (D)Rs 3.80 (E)Rs 4.20
Answer :d)Rs 3.80
3. A computer routine was developed to generate two numbers (x,y) the first being a random number between 0 and 100 inclusive, and the second being less than or equal to the square root of the first. Each of the following pair satisfies the routine EXCEPT
(A) (99.10) (B) (85.9) (C) (50.7) (D) (1.1) (E) (1.0)
Answer : A) (99.10)
4. A warehouse had a square floor with area 10,000 sq.meters.
A rectangular addition was built along one entire side of the warehouse that increased the floor by one-half as much as the original floor. How many meters did the addition extend beyond the original buildings ?
(A)10 (B)20 (C)50 (D)200 (E)500
5. A digital wristwatch was set accurately at 8.30 a.m and then lost 2 seconds every 5 minutes. What time was indicated on the watch at 6.30 p.m of the same day if the watch operated continuously that time ?
(A)5:56 B)5:58 (C)6.00 (D)6.23 (E)6.26
Answer :E) 6.26
6. A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution spills out of the jug, and the jug is then filled to capacity with water, approximately what percent of the resulting solution in the jug is salt?
(A)7.5% (B)9.5% (C) 10.5% (D)12% (E)15%
7. A plane travelled K miles in the first 96 miles of flight time. If it completed the remaining 300 miles of the trip in 1 minute, what was its average speed in miles per hour for the entire trip ?
Answer :(300+k)/97 * 60
8. A merchant sells an item at a 20 percent discount. but still makes a gross profit of 20 percent of the cost. What percent of cost would be gross profit on the item have been if it had been sold without the discount?
(A)20% (B)40% (C)50% (D)60% (E)66.6%
Answer :c) 50%
9. A millionaire bought a job lot of hats 1/4 of which were brown. The millionaire sold 2/3 of the hats including 4/5 of the brown hats. What fraction of the unsold hats were brown.
(A)1/60 (B)1/15 (C)3/20 (D)3/5 (E)3/4
10. How many integers n greater than and less than 100 are there such that,if the digits of n are reversed, the resulting integer is n+9 ?
(A)5 (B)6 (C)7 (D)8 (E)9
11) An investor purchased a shares of stock at a certain price.
If the stock increased in price Rs 0.25 per share and the total increase for the x shares was Rs 12.50, how many shares of stock had been purchased ?
(A)25 (B)50 (C)75 (D)100 (E)125
12) At a special sale, 5 tickets can be purchased for the price of 3 tickets. If 5 tickets are purchased at the sale, the amount saved will be What percent of the original price of the 5 tickets?
(A)20% (B)33.3% (C)40% (D)60% (E)66.6%
13) Working independently, Tina can do a certain job in 12 hours.
Working independently, Ann can do the same job in 9 hours. If Tina Works independently at the job for 8 hours and then Ann works independently, how many hours will it take Ann to complete the remainder of the jobs?
(A)2/3 (B)3/4 (C)1 (D)2 (E)3
14.) A decorator bought a bolt of d m number of red chips in any one stack ?
(A)7 (B)6 (C)5 (D)4 (E)3
Answer :C) 5
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.