HCL SYSTEM SOFTWARE Sample Papers
HCL SYSTEM SOFTWARE Sample Papers
1. Which of the following involves context switch,
(a) system call
(b) priviliged instruction
(c) floating poitnt exception
(d) all the above
(e) none of the above
2. In OST, terminal emulation is done in
(a) sessions layer
(b) application layer
(c) presentation layer
(d) transport layer
3. For a 25MHz processor , what is the time taken by the instruction which needs 3 clock cycles,
(a)120 nano secs
(b)120 micro secs
(c)75 nano secs
(d)75 micro secs
4. For 1 MB memory, the number of address lines required,
5. Semaphore is used for
(b) dead-lock avoidence
6. Which holds true for the following statement class c: public A, public B
a) 2 member in class A, B should not have same name
b) 2 member in class A, C should not have same name
7. Question related to java
8. OLE is used in
a) inter connection in unix
b) interconnection in WINDOWS
c) interconnection in WINDOWS NT
9. Convert a given HEX number to OCTAL
10. Macros and function are related in what aspect?
(b)varying no of arguments
11.Preproconia.. does not do which one of the following
(b) conditional compliclation
(c) in type checking
(d) including load file
12. Piggy backing is a technique for
a) Flow control
13. In signed magnitude notation what is the minimum value that can be represented with 8 bits
14. There is an employer table with key fields as employer number data in every n'th row are needed for a simple following queries will get required results.
(a) select A employee number from employee A , where exists from employee B where A employee no. >= B employee having (count(*) mod n)=0
(b) select employee number from employe A, employe B where A employe number>=B employ number group by employee number having(count(*) mod n=0 )
(c) both (a) &a
1. a=2, b=3, c=6 Find the value of c/(a+b)-(a+b)/c
2. What does the hexa number E78 in radix 7.
3. 10 : 4 seconds :: ? : 6 minutes
4. Q is not equal to zero and k = (Q x n - s)/2.What is n?
(a) (2 x k + s)/Q
(b) (2 x s x k)/Q
(c) (2 x k - s)/Q
(d) (2 x k + s x Q)/Q
(e) (k + s)/Q
5. From the following statements determing the order of ranking M has double the amount as D Y has 3 rupess more than half the amount of D
Ans. Data insuffiecient
Questions 6 - 10 are to be answered on the following data
A causes B or C, but not both
F occurs only if B occurs
D occurs if B or C occurs
E occurs only if C occurs
J occurs only if E or F occurs
D causes G,H or both
H occurs if E occurs
G occurs if F occurs
6. If A occurs which of the following must occurs
I. F and G
II. E and H
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) III only
(d) I,II, & III
(e) I & II (or) II & III but not both
7. If B occurs which must occur
(b) D and G
(c) G and H
(d) F and G
8. If J occurs which must have occured
(b) either B or C
(c) both E & F
(e) both B & C
9. Which may occurs as a result of cause not mentioned
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) I & II
(d) II & III
(e) I,II & III
10. E occurs which one cannot occurs
11. A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution spills out of the jug, and the jug is then filled to capacity with water,approximately what percent of the resulting solution in the jug is salt?
(A)7.5% (B)9.5% (C) 10.5% (D)12% (E)15%
12. Working independently, Tina can do a certain job in 12 hours. Working independently, Ann can do the same job in 9 hours. If Tina Works independently at the job for 8 hours and then Ann works independently, how many hours will it take Ann to complete the remainder of the jobs?
(A)2/3 (B)3/4 (C)1 (D)2 (E)3
13. In a murder case there are four suspects P,Q,R,S. Each of them makes a statement. They are p: "I had gone to the theatre with S at the time of the murder".s: "I was playing cards with P at the time of the murder".r: "Q didn't commit the murder".s: "R is not the murderer". Assuming the only one of the above statement is false and that one of them is the murderer, who is the murderer?
d) Cann't be concluded
14. Mohan earned twice as much as Deep. Yogesh earned rs.3/- more than half as much as deep. If the amounts earned by Mohan,Deep,Yogesh are M,D,Y respectively, Which of the following is the correct ordering of these amounts?
a) M < D < Y
b) M< Y < D
c) D< M < Y
d) It cann't be determined from the information given
e) D< Y < M
15. Statistics indicate that men drivers are involved in more accidents than women drivers. Hence it may be concluded that
a) sufficiently information is not there to conclude anything
b) Men are actually better drivers but drive more frequently
c) Women Certainly drive more cautiously than Men
d) Men chauvinists are wrong about women's abilties.
e) Statistics sometimes present a wrong picture of things
16. Given that A,B,C,D,E each represent one of the digits between 1 and 9 and that the following multiplication holds:
A B C D E
E D C B A
-------------- what digit does E represent ?
17. HCL prototyping machine can make 10 copies every 4 seconds. At this rate, How many copies can the machine make in 6 min.?
18. If a=2,b=4,c=5 then
- ---- =
19. 10^2(10^8+10^8) =-------------- 10^4
20. Worker W produces n units in 5 hours. Workers V and W, workers independently but at the same time, produce n units in 2 hours.how long would it take V alone to produce n units?
a) 1 hr 26 min
b) 1 hr 53 min
c) 2 hr 30 min
d) 3 hr 30 min
e) 3 hr 20 min
Six knights - P,Q,R,S,T and U - assemble for a long journey in Two ravelling parties. For security, each travelling
party Consists of at least two knights. The two parties travel by separate routes, northern and southern. After one
month, the routes of the northern and southern groups converge for a brief time and at that point the knights can, if
they wish, rearrange their travelling parties before continuing, again in two parties along separate northern and
southern routes. Throughout the entire trip, the composition of traveling parties must be in accord with the following
conditions P and R are deadly enemies and, although they may meet briefly,can never travel together. p must travel
in the same party with s
Q cann't travel by the southern route U cann't change routes
21. If one of the two parties of knights consists of P and U and two other knights and travels by the southern route, the other members of this party besides P and U must be
a) Q and S
b) Q and T
c) R and S
d) R and T
e) S and T
22. If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members, which of the following is not a possible travelling party and route?
a) P,S,U by the northern route
b) P,S,T by the northern route
c) P,S,T by the southern route
d) P,S,U by the southern route
e) Q,R,T by the southern route
23) If one of the two parties of knights consists of U and two other knights and travels by the northern route, the other memnbers of this party besides U must be
a) P and S
b) P and T
c) Q and R
d) Q and T
e) R and T
24) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members of different parties, and R travels by the northern route,then T must travel by the
a) southern route with P and S
b) southern route with Q and R
c) southern route with R and U
d) northern route with Q and R
e) northern route with R and U
25. If, when the two parties of knights encounter one another after a month, exactly one knight changes from one travelling party to the other travelling party, that knight must be
26. A gambler bets on the team of seven players ABCDEFG whose winning a-4 to 1 against b-4 to 1 against c-4
to 1 against d-4 to 1 against e-5 to 1 against f-6 to 1 against g. how should he bet on g to set 20% profit.
27. If a person buy radio worth Rs 2468 and pay 7% sales .how much price of radio should reduce to pay only Rs 2468.
28 What is vasu salary if salary of vasu is more than rajan salary working in same company
i)vasu salary is 100 more than rajan salary.
ii)rajan found 2000 all owns which is 50 less than vasu.
(iii)basic salry of rajan is 1000.
(i)only i is required
(ii)i & ii is required
(iii)i& iii is required
(iv)i&ii&iii is required
(v)none of these
29 If in 100 miles race 8 person is running winner take 9.8sec and fifth man takes 10.4 sec the time of 8 man is in AP if in 4*100 meters realy of onside is 1,4,5,8 position then win by.
30. How many sons X have qwe based on relation
ans(data i,ii,iii is insufficient)
31. A sink has 12 lits of water some quantity of water is taken out. if the remainng water is 6 litres less then the water taken out then quantity of water taken out is.
32 .which is the 4 digit number whose second digit is thrice the first digit and 3'rd digit is sum of 1'st and 2'nd and last digit is twice the second digit.
33. In a straight highway 2 cars starts from the same point in opposite directions each travels for 8 Kms and take left turn then travel for 6 Kms what is the distance between them now.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.