HCL Paper Pattern on 25th September 2008
Pattern: HCL Paper Pattern on 25th September 2008
1) In a murder case there are four suspects P,Q,R,S. Each of them makes a statement. They are p: "I had gone to the theatre with S at the time of the murder". q: "I was playing cards with P at the time of the murder". r: "Q didn't commit the murder". s: "R is not the murderer".
Assuming the only one of the above statement is false and that one of them is the murderer, who is the murderer?
d) Cann't be concluded
and: E.) r and s are true as first two statements are contradictory. thus either P or S is murederer. as q is not murderer, he is tellinjg truth that P was with him. hence S is murderer.
2) Mohan earned twice as much as Deep. Yogesh earned rs.3/- more than half as much as deep. If the amounts earned by Mohan,Deep,Yogesh are M,D,Y respectively, Which of the following is the correct ordering of these amounts?
a) M < D < Y
b) M < Y < D
c) D < M < Y
d) It cann't be determined from the information given
e) D < Y < M
3) Statistics indicate that men drivers are involved in more accidents than women drivers.
Hence it may be concluded that...
a) sufficiently information is not there to conclude anything
b) Men are actually better drivers but drive more frequently
c) Women Certainly drive more cautiously than Men
d) Men chauvinists are wrong about women's abilties.
e) Statistics sometimes present a wrong picture of things
4) What does the hex number E78 correspond to in radix 7 ?
5)Given that A,B,C,D,E each represent one of the digits between 1 and 9 and that the following multiplication holds:
A B C D E
E D C B A
what digit does E represent ?
6) HCL prototyping machine can make 10 copies every 4 seconds. At this rate, How many copies can the machine make in 6 min.?
7) if a=2,b=4,c=5 then a+b c c a+b
8) Cool 10^2(10^8+10^Cool = 10^4
9) Worker W produces n units in 5 hours. Workers V and W, workers independently but at the same time, produce n units in 2 hours. how long would it take V alone to produce n units?
a) 1 hr 26 min
b) 1 hr 53 min
c) 2 hr 30 min
d) 3 hr 30 min
e) 3 hr 20 min
Ans: d (e)
11-15 is the reasoning Questions: Occurs and Causes available in placement papers.com
Six knights - P,Q,R,S,T and U - assemble for a long journey in two travelling parties. For security, each travelling party consists of at least two knights. The two parties travel by separate routes, northern and southern. After one month, the routes of the northern and southern groups converge for a brief time and at that point he knights can, if they wish, rearrange their travelling parties before continuing, again in two parties along separate northern and southern routes. Throughout the entire trip, the composition of travelling parties must be in accord with the following conditions
P and R are deadly enemies and, although they may meet briefly, can never travel together.
p must travel in the same party with s
Q cann't travel by the southern route
U cann't change routes
16) If one of the two parties of knights consists of P and U and two other knights and travels by the southern route, the other members of this party besides P and U must be.
a) Q and S
b) Q and T
c) R and S
d) R and T
e) S and T
17) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members, which of the following is not a possible travelling party and route?
a) P,S,U by the northern route
b) P,S,T by the northern route
c) P,S,T by the southern route
d) P,S,U by the southern route
e) Q,R,T by the southern route
1Cool If one of the two parties of knights consists of U and two other knights and travels by the northern route, the other memnbers of this party besides U must be
a) P and S
b) P and T
c) Q and R
d) Q and T
e) R and T
19) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members of different pX-Mozilla-Status: 0009by the northern route, then T must travel by the
a) southern route with P and S
b) southern route with Q and R
c) southern route with R and U
d) northern route with Q and R
e) northern route with R and U
20) If, when the two parties of knights encounter one another after a month, exactly one knight changes from one travelling party to the other travelling party, that knight must be
HCL PAPER ON 20th SEPTEMBER 2008
In this section there are mainly questions based on C language like find the errors in the program and what is the output of the following program.
some question i remember are
1) int i=10;
printf("%d %d %d",i++,i++,i--);
there is one or two more question on increment operator
2) Two question on redirection operator(>>)
3) int i=10;
printf ("The value for i is %d",i);
4) one question on structure and u have to fine the error in the syntax
5) int a=10,b=33;
printf("%d %d", a,b);
6) int *a;
7) # define SQR(a) (a*a)
Cool And in another question # define directive is declared in the main() function of the program and u have to predict the output of the program.?
9) what is the time complexity of bubble sort (Ans: O(n^2))
10) What is the size of the address bus and data bus in 8086?
11) address of IVT in 8086?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.