Hello everyone, Today (Sep 14 2011) I attended Geometric's aptitude test. It allowed Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Metallurgy, ETC, Instrumentation. But they came to place students in Software side (C,C++,core JAVA etc).
Pattern of exam:
I. GIT (General aptitude test) - 40 questions and 15 mins.
II. TAT (Technical aptitude test) - 20 questions and 30 mins.
III. Essay writing (My topic was 'Role of education in development of India') - 15 mins.
Some questions asked in GIT:
1) 2, 5, 10, 17, 28, ?
2) 8, 24, 48, 80, 120, ?
3) 2, 12, 30, 56, 90, ?
4) opposite of Wilt.
5) opposite of Interested.
6) Meaning of Cajole.
7) Meaning of Impetuous.
8) Persistent:tenacious::sporadic: ?
9) Pear, Cherry, Mango, Carrot, Apple (Find odd man out).
10) Blue, Yellow, Indigo, Red, Black (Find odd man out).
11) My wife's brother's sons father is ?
12) In a race of 1000m, A beat B by 200m and C by 400m. By what distance would B beat C in a similar race.
13) A, B, C, D are four distinct digits not equal to zero, if A+B=CD, the maximum value of C+D is ?
14) Opposite of Subdue.
15) A club has 3 boys and 5 girls. If equal number of girls and boys join the club such that ratio of boy to girl is 3:4. Then total strength of club.
16) Sum of 3 consecutive integers is 20 more than middle integer, find the smallest of three.
Some questions asked in TAT:
1) An oil tank is 9/10 full. When 50 liters of oil are removed, the tank is 5/6 full. Find the capacity of tank in Liter.
2) In a processor there are 260 instructions, number of bits that are needed to implement the instructions set for this microprocessor are ?
3) If you are on a boat and you throw out a suitcase, will the level of water increase?
4) How many integers between 50 and 100 can be evenly divided by neither 3 nor 5?
5) Two equal and opposite forces are applied to a brick. The brick will therefore ? (5 options were given like the brick will move in left or right or move with constant velocity or acceleration.)
6) A ball is thrown vertically upwards. Select correct relationship that describes the ball's flight. (Some graphs were given...I hope you will get the graphs on internet).
7) Average of two numbers is XY. If one number is equal to X, then other number is equal to ?
8) If a+b-c=d and if a-b+c=e then a=?
9) n:u::m: ?
10) Scissors:cloth::--------:--------- (options--Axe:wood; stone:grinder; knife:stone; roller:flatten;gun:hunt)
11) Five years ago, beth's age was 3 times that of amy. Ten years ago, beth's age was one half that of chelsea. If C represents Chelsea's current age, which of the following represents amy's age?[options: (c/6)+5, 2c, c-(10/3), 3c-5, (5c/3)-10]
12) Asha had some fruits. She gave 2/3rd to seema. Seema gave 2/3rd of her part to reema. Now seema is left with four fruits. How many fruits asha had in the beginning.
13) The meaning of the proverb 'A bird in hand is worth two in bush' (options were given)
Also a diagram was given and two points A and B were shown and number of possibilities of paths from A to B with B at the near end.
These are some questions from the aptitude which I could remember. You prepare according to this pattern.