It contained 2 parts PART 1 - pure technical 100 ques. and Part 2 50 Ques.
Part 1 was purely technical but I was hard 2 answer part 2 general Knowledge abt 20-25ques were from maths remaining from general.They collected the question paper back. I am herewith attaching some of the questions that noted down at hall.
1. If 100ns is Memory Access Time & 125 microsec is 1frame period. The no. of line that can be supported in a Time Divison Switch is
a)125 Lines b)625 Lines c)525 Lines d)465 Lines
2. The no. of edjes in disjoint Hamilton circuit in a complex graph with 17 edges is
a) 8 b) 9 c) 136 d) 17^2
3. 15 persons in a club sit every day ina dinner table such that every member has different neighbour. This arrangement will last for how many days.
Assume a system has 16MB cache mean Disk Access Time & cache Access time is 76.5 ns & 1.5 overall mean Access time us 465ms for each tripling the memory the miss rate is halved. The memory required to bring down the mean Access time to 24ns is
a) 16 MB b) 24 MB c) 32 MB d) 48 MB
4. Average transfer speed of a i/p serial line is minimum 25,000 Bytes & maximum 60000 Bytes. Polling Strategy adopted takes 4microsec(whether there is any i/p byte or not). It is assured that byte that retrived from controller before next byte arrives are lost. Then the maximum safe polling interveal is
a) 12 b) 12.33 c) 12.67 d) 32
5. A harddisk has a rotation speed of 4500RPM. then the latency time is
a) .4 b) .6 c) .7 d) .9
6. Suppose all elements above the principal diagonal od n x n matix A are zero. If non zero elements of the lower triangular Matrix is stored in an array B with A stored at B. The addressing formula to the nonzero element in A[i][j]=?
a) A[i][j] b) i(j-1)/2 +i c) j(i-1)/2 +i d) i(i-1)/2 +j
7. The minumum number of comparisons requied to find the second smallest element in a 1000 element array is
a) 1008 b) 1010 c) 1999 d) 2000
8. The internal path length of a Bonary Tree with 10nodes is 25. The external path length is
a) 25 b) 35 c) 40 d) 45
9.Average No. of Comparisons required to sort 3 elements is
a) 2 b) 2.33 c) 2.67 d) 3
10. In a switch the mean arrival rate of packets is 800 Packets/sec and the the mean service rate is 925 Packets/sec
a) .008 Sec b) .08 sec c) .8 sec d) 1.1 sec
11. What is Interface Control Information?
12. The minumum no. of Multiplications needed to compute x^768 is
a) 9 b) 10 c) 425 d) 767
13. Find values for a,b,c,d
c 1 1 1
0 a 1 b
1 0 d 0
(967)basex = 321base9
PART II Genreal 50 General Non-Technical [4 Options]
14. The area of red planet where the Mars Rover Landed?
15. In Which Day world Telecom Day Celebrated?
16. Laser is used for what?
a) Treatment of Cancer b) Treatment of Eyes
c) Treatment of Heart d) Treatment of Kidney
17. Which country is not a Member of SAARC
a) Bangladesh b) Myanmar c) Maldives d) Nepal
18. The New Biotechnology Software intorduced by TCS is?
19. What is Wi Fi?
18. Which is the fastest Cruise Missile?
1. A triangular-square wave generator uses
* A sine wave oscillator and a comparator
* An integrator and a comparator
* A differentiator and comparator
* A sine wave oscillator and a clipper
2. An amplifier has two identical cascaded stages. Each stage has a BW of 20KHz. The overall BW shall be
* 10KHz * 12.9KHz * 20KHz * 28.
3HHzDirect numerical problem:
1. A parabolic dish antenna has a diameter of 1m. the maximum possible ideal gain of the antenna at a wavelength 3.14cm is
* 20 dB * 30 dB * 40 dB * 50 dB
2. The frequency deviation produced in a VHF carrier by a signal of 100Hz is 50KHz. The frequency modulation is
Application based problem:
1. Which one of the pulses has the same form in time domain as well as in frequency domain
2. Good voice reproduction via PCM requires 128 quantization levels. If the BW of voice channel is 4KHz then data rate is
3. Match the following:
List 1 List2
A. Thyristor 1. Second break down
B. MOSFET 2. Large on-state drop
C. IGBT 3. Small on state drop
D. BJT 4. Slow device
Codes:(a) A-4, B-3, C-2, D-1 (b) A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4(c) A-4, B-2, C-3, D-1 (d) A-1, B-3, C-2, D-4
4. List 1 List2
A. Free and forced response 1. Discrete time systems
B. Z transform 2. Dirichlet conditions
C. Probability theory 3. Non-homogenous differential equationd.
D.Fourier series 4. Random process
Codes:(a) A-1, B-3, C-2, D-4 (b) A-3, B-1, C-2, D-4(c) A-1, B-3, C-4, D-2 (d) A-3, B-1, C-4, D-2
Assertion and reasoning type:
The following item consists of two statements labeled as Assertion A and the other as Reason R. Use the following codes:
(a) Both A&R are individually true and R is the correct explanation of A
(b) Both A & R are individually true and R is not the correct explanation of A
(c) A is true and R is false
(d) A is false and R is true
5. A Every materials has a different value of energy band gap except metals which have no band gapR The energy band gap is decided by the equilibrium lattice constant, which is different in different materials.
6. A Op-amp are commonly used in instrumentationR Op-amps do not load the circuit due to their very high input impedance
Problem based on circuits and graphs:
For circuits: HW rectifier, voltmeter, RC or RLC or RL transients, feedback systems, clipper, clamper, transistor biasing,555 circuits, logic gates, counters, bridges and watt meters.
Graphs: Frequency response H(s),open loop gain from root loci, Nyquist plot, transfer functions etc
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.