This is Jaishankar (M.E.manufacturing systems and management, mech dept. 2ND year) from (C.E.G) College of Engineering, guindy, anna university.
I got placed in Cognizant which was our first campus and a big thanks to all Friends who has published their interview tips and exp which really helped me..... and I am very much proud to study in anna univ because they recruited a wooping 1103 (highest ever by cognizant) out of 2200 who cleared apps. and around 2400 attended the test....
Totally the selection process consists of two rounds
(ii) Interview (HR + Technical)
we have to fill these details before starting the test... its like a detailed resume....
3. Current address
4. Permanent address.
7. Academic details (10th %, 12th or diploma%)
8. Each Semester percentage and year of passing.
9. Have u cleared all your arrears
10. Do u have any standing arrears
11. history of arrears?
12. if you r p.g. then your tancet marks?
13. Software orientation (software skills u hav)
14. Extra curricular, Hobbies and Interests.
15. Strengths and weakness.
16. Expectations from cognizant.
17. Your short term plan and long term plan with cts.
18. What are the qualities a software professional need to excel in his field?
(Please prepare for these questions, the answers which you have written for these questions will be asked in the interview and give correct info regardign history of arrears ect... they checked those, verified with marklist during interview and found some students guilty)
it contains three sections, will be given one after other..
beware time is a big criteria..... no time absolutely for first section.....
1. ANALYTICAL section (25 Q's - 30 mins)
(1-5) Venn diagram:
there were 35 actor and 3 directors (a,b,c).. 15 actors with c and equal no of actors with both a and b..... 3 actors acted with all the three... and 2 actor with a and b,,, 1 actor with both a-c and 1 acted with both a-b...
1. how many acted with a alone
2. how many acted with c
3. how many with b totally.. lik that
(6-10) Quantitative questions
some were crossin a rive in a boat,, thre were 4 members.... i din get much time to read this ques
(11-15) Data sufficiency (refer aggarwal aptitude ages,proft n loss,work,avg, lcm etc)
(16-20) Binary conversion (Easiest, you can attend these first just simplify the given question then convert the answers into binary and replace 1 by $ and 0 by *)
(21-25) Cubes:(aggarwal reasoinin is enough) it was easy
cube: 64 cubes of equal size.. top and bottom layer of cube is painted blue the 2nd layer is painted yellow and third layer is painted green....
1. how many cubes are painted 2 side blue.
2. how many cybes painted yellow one side... lik that...
then bottom layer of the cube is shifted to top and again a question about that
then third green layers is shifted to top and question about that...
just imagine a cube and think you can easily cracl it////
2. VERBAL section (25 Q's - 20 mins)
(this is quite tough section, i din refer any books for this.. but our English ability will matter here... , i din find time to read compre.. jus tried my luck with b n c....)
*Comprehension (Please don't attend these first, these are long passages and difficult to attend)
*Find the incorrect sentences (some wat easy)
*Find the correct sentences (some wt tough)
*Arrange the jumbled sentences (it was easy for me, findin first sentence in a para was difficult so.....i did it by a short cut...from the given choices i found the first sentence and it was easy once i found the first sentence)
3. REASONING section (20 Q's - 20 mins)
(very easy section in the whole paper, i finished it befor time.. i think i wrote all the questions correctly in this section)
aggarwal reasoning is more than enough....
* Logical deduction-4qesitons (easy ones 3 question were given in two sentence and one was in three sentence- aggarwal reasonin book is good for this and same type was asked)
* Logical puzzles-2 ques easy
1.i am in america, people will die (four choices lik, im not in america, pople won die. lik tat)
2. if rainin, i won play cricket.( four choice, i will play cricket duirn rain.... lik that)
* Find the odd figure out-around 8 ques (my fauvourite section, simple figures were given but good concentration is req)
* Seating arrangement- 4ques (was quite easy, it was about 5 cans having 5 red balls,6 white balls,8green balls and balls were shuffled and cans were interchanged lik tat... i don remember question exactly...)
(R.S. Aggarwal Verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning is more than enough also some preparation on apptitued is necessary)
(which panel you go is based on your luck)
for me there was only one hr... but for friends there were two Hr...
The HR's were very friendly and my interview lasted for less than 10 min, i was the first to attned hr in my panel so it was easy.... mech guys don worry interview wil be on our core field oly... bus some hr asked some progmammin quesions and p/g guys be aware of some u/g subjects..my hr was young and cool.... he din even ask my resume jus referred to form which i filled....
Me: May I come in sir?
Me: Good morning Sir.
Int: Take your seat
me: thank you sir
Int: he was seein my answer paper and my details whihc i hav filled. then he asked to tell me about your self
Me: said perfectly as i hav prpared for it...
Int: okie. What is your Field of Interest?
Me: cellular manufactuing
Int: ok.... explain it wit and example....
Me: done (i noticed tat he don no this subject)
Int: wat is assembly line manuf..
Me: explained it....
Int: ok why should I hire you????????????
Me: done confidently as i hav prepared for these ques...
Int: wat resposibility u hav undertaken?
Me: done (captain of cricket team lik tat u can say)
Int: wat difficulties u faced during as a captain
Me: said wit some real time examples
Int: Do you have any question?
Me: yes sir...... i asked about trainin and softwares we will deal with....
Int: ok.. u can leav and he gave a warm shake hand.... which confirmed me that i will clear
Me: thank you sir........
any info////mail me at jaishanki (at) gmail.com/// also im a member in orkut, community lik anna univ, mech-ceg anna univ. etc ....
All the best.. C u in cognizant - passion to make a difference