CTS PAPER & INTERVIEW - 08 NOV 2004 - KOLKATTA
CTS Paper of 8th November
TIME= 60 mins
COLOR = Purple
(1) What is the co-efficient of the term independent of x in the series
[ (1/2)(1/x)^1/3 +(1/x)^(-1/5)]^8. where ^ denotes "to the power of".
(2) In an examination a student must answer 65% of the questions correctly. But it was found that after answer 7 questions corretly out of the first 14, the student qualified. What is the min no. of questions in the paper.
(a) 22 (b) 18 (c) 20 (d) Can't say
(3) There r two jars. In the first jar there is 25%Milk and in the second jar there is 50% milk. What ratio of milk should be added to get 12 lit of milk from the two jars such that we get 62.5% Milk in the whole mixture. [Ans: 6lit : 6lit]
(4) There r 8 envelops and 8 letters. What is the probability that the all the letters will be inserted in the correct envelop.
(5) There r two bridges at a distance of 1Km. A person starts rowing upstream from 1st bridge and when he reaches the second bridge he losses his cap. After 15mins he realises it and turns bach and rows downstream and catches his hat at the bottom of 1st bridge. Find : The speed of boat in still water
(6) Same problem but find the speed of the river
(7) There are 1000 doors that are of the open-close type. When a person opens the door he closes it and then opens the other. When the first person goes he opens-closes the doors ion the multiples of 1 i.e., he opens and closes all the doors. when the second goes he opens and closes the doors 2, 4 6 8 respectively. Similarly when the third one goes he does this for 3 6 9 1 2 15th doors resly. Find number of doors that are open at last. [Ans: 31]
(8) 40 people can do a work in 60 days. After every 10 days 5 persons keeps leaving the job. In how many days will the job be completed.
(9) A square field is there of dim : 40 X 60 m. A 1 m path is surrounded on the field outside it. What is the area of the path.
(10) x=2 + 2^(1/3) + 2^(2/3). Find the value of x^3 -6x^2 - 8x. Something like this we have to find the answer was 8.
(11) There was a puzzle on 5 traders in the name Steel,wood,Timber....and they produce Steel, wood, timber ...and supply them to others but not to the manufacturer of it. For eg: Steel supplies Wood's Product to the reciver of Timber.
this was a comfusing puzzle. About 4 questions were from this part
(12) A person starts from A to B. After 1hr his tyre gets punctured and he repairs it for 10 mins and travels the rest of the distant with 30km/hr and arrives 30 min late. had the puncture occured 30 Kms earlier he wud been only 15 mins late. Find the ditance betn. A & B and his intial speed.
Beside these there were about 20 question on English like Fill in the blanks, passage with conclusion, passage with some questions, Questions on whether cond. A is sufficient to solve the problem, whether cond. B is sufficient to solve the problem, whether cond. A & B both r neccessary to solve the problem. Whether the problem cannot be solved with the two conditions given. I was surprised to see s many English portions in the paper very much unlike CTS.
Some technical & HR questions of CTS......
a) Transistor advantage over FET
b) Use of DFT.
c) Whether a DC source can be used to run a computer
d) Storage class in C ?
e) what type of I/O device is required for C.
f) Application of the various bands in Satellite communication
g) Process to convert a transistor to diode.
h) effect of quantisation on the BW of a signal.
Some typicals HRs.....
i) how wud u like to spend 7 day holiday
j) what u expect from CTS
k) short term & long term goals
l) How u can contribute from ECE to software
m) Physical realization of Phase modulation.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.