Cognizant Technology Solutions(CTS) Interview Experience - March 25, 2014
I am Lata Manglani ,2014 batch passout student from LDRP-ITR (IT), placed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.
Here I am sharing some interview tips and questions that might be helpful to you during the drive.
> Venue : LD college, Ahmedabad
> Eligibility Criteria :
1) Minimum of 70% in 10th,12th std & overall 70 % or equivalent CGPA in B.E.
2) No standing arrears allowed.
(*NOTE* : Do not waste your time if you are not eligible because they are very certain about that).
> No. of Colleges Participated :
Around 28+ colleges participated (combined campus).
(Don't get scared by the number of colleges).
>The drive consisted of 3 rounds :
- Online Aptitude test.
- Technical interview.
- HR interview.
The technical & HR interview was one-to-one.
>1st Round : ONLINE APTITUDE TEST:
Question of every individual varies. It was through Aspiring Minds~Amcat. Time Management is the key to clear the test.
* Be as fast as possible but not as fast that can lead you to wrong answer.
* In aptitude try to be as fast as possible in English that will save time for Maths.
* Try to attempt all of the question..No Negative Marks.At last 5 minute, answer all the questions.
>2nd Round : TECHNICAL(Elimination Round):
The main thing here is the communication skill and basic knowledge of your academic subjects.
Technical HR may ask you questions of physics to IT/CE Student like - Which instrument is used to measure the weight of an Aeroplane? Naturally, IT/CE people can't answer such questions. It depends on your luck which dept. Tech HR you get.
* Prepare basics of subjects like - OS, DBMS , C ,C++ ,Java and prepare your Resume & Project well.
* List only those technologies in your resume that you "actually" know very well! Keep your Resume as SIMPLE as possible.
DBMS Que :
* Most IMP ~ Normalization, types of normalization with example of each.
* Queries like drop, delete, truncate, insert ,update & difference between them.
* Most IMP~ joins in detail
* Name of Latest Tools/software used for designing queries.
* Difference between DBMS,RDBMS and about keys.
OS Que :
* Knowledge regarding latest operation systems in brief.
* prepare que like : monitor ,semaphor in brief.
Maximum questions were from project .
* Draw the architecture of the project you did in your last year.
* Que about modules , functionality of your project and may even ask you to write the code .
Java, C ,C++ :
* Most IMP ~OOPS concepts in detail
* Abstract class.
* Method Overloading.
* Constructor Overloading.
* Method overriding with example & difference between method overriding & overloading.
* Difference between C,C++ & Java.
At last , Tech HR asked me :
* Why Cognizant?
* How many interview have you faced till now?
* Why you were rejected during previous interview? Why you appeared in that company and wasted their time if you didn't wished to join them? (Types of Questions depends on you where you take the flow).
He gave me an opportunity to ask him question. I asked him about his experience in Cognizant. They did major filtration in Technical Round.
>3rd Round : HR round:
* Give me 3 reason to reject you.
* Tell me about yourself.(don't stop till HR says stop,it may continue upto 10 minute).
* 5 Strengths of yours, weakness, goals.
* There was one question that they asked everyone of us to write in 1st round during online test and that was : How will you survive in this competitive world of IT ? What is your strategy?.
HR had that form in her hand and questioned me : As you have written here about your strategy. Have you ever implemented it in your life? If yes, explain when and where?
* Choose your words carefully while answering each and every question because whatever you say, they will try to manipulate you.
* Be confident and try to be fluent. Express your thoughts clearly..
* Don't say irrelevant or baseless details. Back yourself up with the example if possible.
* In HR listen question carefully.. Answer in a confident way.
* Go through placement paper from www.indiabix.com, which helped me a lot. So I will advise you to do the same.
That is all from my interview. I have tried to cover almost everything.
Wish you all the very best !
Hope to see you soon in Cognizant :).
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.