I have written the Convergys exam on 18/Mar/07 but didn't do well. I am a ECE candidate and don't have idea of UNIX, RDBMS and don't have good programming knowledge on CPP. But i can say something people who know the basics of shell programming and basic programming of CPP can get through this exam. Totally there may be approx 2000 candidates attended for exam on hyd.
I have searched some previous papers before my exam and got the pattern. I want 2 share some questions, which i have remembered.
First section is vocabulary and i thought that it would be difficult for me as i was not so good in English. But the passage is so easy and no preparation is needed for that one. The passage is about some astronauts who went to space for making some repairs for spacecraft. We have to complete the sentence with suitable word. All the words are similar to each one but we have to match the perfect one. Time for this section is 20 mins.
Second section is apti and logical reasoning. First two problems are about venn diagrams and so simple. If u know how to solve venn diagrams the it wil be enough. Time for this section is 45 mins.
Questions: (Numbering is not the same as in the paper)
1. 57 people play cricket, 63 play football, 48 people tennis, 20 play both tennis and football, 15 play both cricket and tennis, 22 play both cricket and football and 3 play three games.
How many play only tennis?
How many play only football?
How many play only cricket?
And as it is the another one
2. 56 people in India watch movie and 68 in china and some in us (2 questions)
3. 53 yellow bulbs are there and some another colored bulbs. This question is not that much easy as the old one. But u can solve.(4 or 5 questions)
4. height and distance problem to find height of the pole. Shadow height is given and another i didn't remember.
5. one probability question
A man is supposed to pick cards from 1 to 50. he has to pick 2 cards and it should be at least a prime number.
6. two reasoning one from coding like
-->Shift is coded as 62 what is the value of bleach?
Another one is lu su nit means "very intelligent person" and su lach nay means "smart and intelligent". What is the word that matches intelligent?
7. A problem on average, calendar (2 to 3 problems)
8. Next few questions on aptitude but they r given like data sufficiency.
Volumes of a cylinder to be find
1.base is given
2.a cone that fits in cylinder that's base is given options are 1,2,3,4
1 is option1 is sufficient alone
2 is option2 is sufficient alone
3 both are needed
4 not sufficient
They had given min of 10 questions on this.
9. This section is 1 as $ and 0 as * and somethg
Based on that one they had asked questions
-->Lcm of 4,40,400
i didn't remember
--->40%of 40+50% of 50
--->Some number and raised power
---->Totally 5 to 6 questions
10. A cube problem that a big red cube is cutted into 1728 parts and some parted is cutted off and etc
i didn't solve this one as it was not so easy to me.
Third section is UNIX 10 questions. But if u know basic shell programming u can do it. Time for this section is 10 mins
1.what is Meta char$ used for?
2.print out for one question?(simple echo hello)
eval echo Hello
echo eval Hello
o/p for this question
5.how a file name is given and how arrays are declared?
Fourth section is RDBMS. 10 questions in this section.
1.which one is not a command in tcl/(this was my first question)
2.Data redundancy is reduced by (exactly not the same one)
--->Cod-normal (somethg name)
--->All the above
3.questions on keys (primary key)
4.which is not a command of sql?
I had remembered only these questions now
Fifth section is CPP. Time for this section is 15 mins.
They had asked questions on friend functions, virtual functions, overloading and o/ps for some programs. This is quite easy for one who had knowledge in cpp Programming basics.
Finally friends paper was not so tough as i thought. Be prepared with all the sections so that u can easily get through the exam. I don't know about further rounds.
This website helps a lot of graduates and thankful to everyone. I wish all my friends GOOD LUCK.