CMC PAPER & INTERVIEW - APR 2007 - HYDERABAD
Campus interview at Scient Inst of Technology
1st---- Technical section, different for each Branch.
50 questions - 30 mins., there was negative marking.
Myself being from ECE branch
Some of the questions I remember are:
1. Which of the Following is platform independent?
a)UNIX b)BASIC c)C d) JAVA
2. Encription and Decription of data is done in which layer
a) presentation b) application c) session d).......
3. TCP-UDP layer corresponds to which layer in the OSI model
4. Stack is Implemented by
a)RAm b)ROM c)EPROM d)EEPROM
5. When does an amplifier act as an oscillator
options were something like Aß<1, Aß>1, Aß=1
6. A question on peak inverse ratio
7. A couple of questions on UNIX commands,
8. command for checking file system in UNIX
a)diskcheck b)fschk .. .,..
9. Interrupt service routine is executed by a microprocessor when
1) as soon as interrrupt occurs
2) after completeion of the current process
10. transformer is used for coupling when load is.....
11. A JK flip flop figure was given to be identified
12. A clipper circuit was given and its type was asked
13. A clamper circuit
14. Clock pulse is generated by
a)astable multivibrator b)bistable
15. A compiler detects what type of errors
a) syntax b)......
16Top down approach is used for _____________
a) coding b) proper planning c) to skip errors...
and the remaining i dont remember.
Aptitude (100 questions-- 1hr)
1. Around 10 analogies -- basic GRE words,
2. 1 reading comprehension, - simple
3. Very simple Quant, a piece of cake for everyone.( some simple ones on triangles)
4. data sufficiency
5. quant comparition- simple
no prep required for quant
Time management is an important factor for the apt part, quite difficult to finish everything in time.
Technical + HR
The technical + HR interview is taken together, separate persons for each.
HR, general family background, goal and interests etc.
Technical - Any 2-3 subjects of ur interest.-- gotta be really good wid the subject to atleast do a good job. Confidence required, some were asked to xplain the points on the board.
Finally 2 got through.
Quite a tough one, but is worth it.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.