CMC Interview Pattern (General, Technical) SET - I
CMC Interview Pattern (General, Technical) SET - I
1. Mention five topics in which you are comfortable. (So be sure what are you comfortable with and in which topics you are quite confident of yourself.)
2. What are your future plans?
3. What is your EAMCET rank and why didn?t you join other Engineering colleges?
4. Why did you opt for CMC?
5. What is your standing in your class?
6. If you are given a chance to choose higher studies and job, which
would you prefer and why?
1. In what way are data warehouses different from databases? (This has taken most of my time, since we got into a discussion of each and every aspect. Some important aspects touched upon are: OLTP transactions and OLAP transactions, querying, response-time of a database, load on the database, query processing etc.).
2. What is a view? What is the use of a view?
3. What do you find most interesting about Digital Signal Processing/Processors.
4. In what way a Digital Signal Processor is different from a generic Intel Processor
5. Could you draw the block diagram of a simple processor like INTEL 8088?
6. Can you give the number of address lines and data lines in INTEL 8088?
7. Could you pictorially draw the memory architecture in Digital Signal Processor?
8. Why need of a separate family of processors - Digital Signal Processors.
9. Could tell us just one practical application of Digital Signal Processor where it is highly relevant to use a DSP.
10. What is a dirty bit? What is it that led to the evolution of the whole concept of dirty bit?
11. What is an operating system?
12. On which operating systems have you worked?
13. Why do we need an Operating System?
14. I have to load a program/data into main memory whose size is more than that of main memory? Could you explain the process that takes place in the Operating System to manage such situations? (Paging and Buffer Management, explain)
15. How are priorities set to a process? Are they given by a user or by the system?
16. Are CPU Scheduling and Process Scheduling different?
17. How is memory allocated to processes in a multi-processing environment?
18. Which programming languages are you comfortable with?
19. What are various types on int one can have in C?
20. What is the difference between those types i.e. short, long etc?
21. What is a structure in C? Why the need of such a feature? Could you write a sample structure and explain?
22. On which C compiler do you work? What is the length of short int?
23. What is the use of a static variable in C?
1. What is virtual Memory ?
2. Write the hexadecimal equivalent of 258.
3. What is Line Algoritham?
4. Why is the first form of normalization so defined ( Databases ).
5. Why do we have different forms like hexadecimal, 2 s complement,octal
6. define operating system.
7. what is deadlock ? give a real-life example of deadlock .
1) What is Referential Integrity?
2) What is the advantage of maintaining the data in the database over storing it in flat files?
3) Explain the 3 normal forms?
4) Why do you have to normalize a schema?
5) What are the problems of having redundancy in the schema?
6) Have you heard of Codd s rules?
7) All variables in C should have a data type. Do you agree? The, what is the data type of a pointer?
8) If you write C code in Turbo C, compile and get an executable out of it, will you be able to run the executable in Unix or Linux? Why?
9) What is the size of an integer? Is it the same always & everywhere? If so , why cant you use the same object code (produced in one OS) and run it on another OS?
10) How about java? What makes java platform independent?
11) Write a program to count the number of 1 s in the binary representation of a given number.
12) Denormalisation in DataWarehousing & Data Mining.? Have you heard of it in DWDM course? This was asked in the context of increased redundancy if normalisation not done.
What is first normalisation?
Design a layout for storing the names of people and different modes of communicating with them
What are the benefits of Objected Oriented Technologies?
What is polymorphism?
Of the following two implementations of a stack using a vector which is a cleaner version and why?
a) The stack inheriting the vector
b) The stack including a vector member in it
1) What is Harvard architecture
2) What is Histogram Equalization
3) write C program for Histogram
1) what is a bridge ? (related to computer networks)
2) what is meant by VHDL
3) and some project related questions like they asked me abt DSP processor
used in my project i.e TMS32010
1. Describe the Embedded project that you did ?
2. What are the different socket calls ?
3. Does distributed databases mean different servers running on different systems or what ?
4. s1 English
Retrieve people who know both English and French ?
5. What exactly is the significance of the 3 normal forms ? How does the first normal form help in achieving this goal of the normal forms ?
6. What is Multiprocessing, Multitasking and Multiuser OS s ?? Specific differences ?
7. Is Windows NT a multiprocessing system ?
8. What abt Unix and Win-95 ?
9. What abt DOS ?
10. Explain pointers in simple terminology as if I dont know C ??
11. What are the uses of pointers ?
12. Different parameter passing methods and their explanations ??
13. Parameter passing in C ??
14. Is C a block structured language ?
15. What do U mean by block structure ??
16. How many levels of nesting are possible in C ?
17. Difference between the pointers in C & Pascal ??
18. Difference between local and global variable ?? Differences in how they are stored ?
19. Can a function call another ? Until what level ? How do the calls occur ?
20. What kind of language is Algol ?
21. What is reentrant code ??
1. How are hub, bridge, switch and router different.
2. When to use the above devices specifically
3. What are different network topologies
4. what is the difference between paging and segmentation
5. what is virtual memory
6. What does fork do
7. What are the differences between a command and a system call in Unix
8. What are mapped files
9. What are the debugging tools that you use?
10. How do you use gdb ?
11. What is the definition of a Turing Machine?
Formal Verification specific:
1. What is an identity element
2. What is an invariant
1. What is a field and what is a group? Project related?
1. What is XML?
2. What is the difference between XML and HTML?
3. What are the XML tools that you have used?
4. How does XML look in a browser?
5. Which broser and version support XML?
6. How does the browser display an XML document when there are no formatting tags?
7. If XML documents can have any tags and different authors may name the same things differently how can XML be a standard?
8. Why should we not store the XML document as a relation directly without storing the tree structure?
9. If I have a student database should I store it in a relational DBMS or an XML DBMS
10. What is XML based on?
11. If SGML is the superset of XML why not use SGML?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.