Cadence Placement Paper
75 Marks Paper
Time Limit 1.15 H
10 related to s/w & then 10 related to h/w & 55 aptitude.
1. Ans: O (n**2)
2. In order & preorder seq. of tree is given & you have to find out post order.. very easy but do practice you can make one easy method by practice..
3. problem on pass by ref. & pass by value.
Ans: x=5 & y=3
4. In assembler relocatable code generated by ...!!??
Ans: Indirect addressing
5. Depth of the tree
6.very simple problem on binary tree ...
so learn who to build tree & insert new tree node...
7.problem on FSM
8.problem on stack
9.problem on grammer
Technical Part 2
1. A (XOR)B
2. for modulo-13 ...FF req.
3. Ans: modulo-6
4. Ans: z(x+y)
5. Ans: 0,1
6. on DMA : I/O to Mem. without CPU monitering
7. problem on ring counter
Ans: 4 cycle
8.number given in form 20 digit repesentation ... where A,B ,C ,,,..J are 10,11,12,...20 number is 'IA' what is the value in octal
9. one program is given inwhich statement are
you have to find complexity of prog.
Last Aptitude Part
1. log( X**3 + Y**3) where x=3/4 y=1/4
log(3) , log(7) & log(2) is given ...
2. one puzzle related cards ...
Ans: 1 black card & 12 red crads
3. last question of paper .. sum of money of A & B =Rs.10 diffrence of A + B = Rs.9
Ans : 50 pesa
4. one paper is equlely folded 50 times... what is new thikness of paper..
5. problem in which two circle are drawn ...& triangle..
6. one problem related to two train ...
Ans: (T + t)/2
7. one area finding problem
in which in 10 * 10 box small 2*2 box & one triangle ... sheded area you have to find...
(i) Data sufficiency
1. |x-a|=a-x Ans: (c) x<=a
2. There is six letter word VGANDA . How many ways you can arrange the letters in the word in such a way that both the A's are together.
Ans : 120 (5x4!)
3. If two cards are taken one after another without replacing from a pack of 52 cards what is the probability for the two cards be queen.
Ans : (4/52)*(3/51) (1/17)*(1/13)
4. 51 x 53 x ... x 59 ; symbols ! - factorial ^ - power of 2
(a) 99!/49! (b) (c) (d) (99! x 25!)/(2^24 x 49! x 51!)
5. The ratio fo Boys to Girls is 6:4. 60% of the boys and 40% of girls take lunch in the canteen. What % of class takes lunch in canteen.
Ans : 52% (60/100)*60 + (40/100)*40
Data Sufficiency : a) only statement A is sufficient , B is not
b) only statement B
c) both are necessary
d) both are not sufficient.
6. X is an integer. Is X divisible by 5?
A) 2X is divisible by 5.
B) 10X is divisible by 5.
Ans : A)
7. (A) Anna is the tallest girl
(B) Anna is taller than all boys.
(Q) . Is Anna the tallest in the class
Ans : c
8. Math's question
9, 10 Analytical
Zulus always speak truth and Hutus always speak lies. There are three persons A, B & C. A met B and says " I am a Zulu or I am Hutu". We don't know what exactly he said. then B meets C and says to c that " A is a Zulu ". Then C replied " No, A is a Hutu ".
9. How many Zulus are there ?
Ans 2( check)
10) Who must be a Zulu ?
Ans: B (check)
A father F has 5 sons, p, q, r, s, t. Not necessarily in this order. Two are of same age. The eldest and youngest cannot be twins. T is elder to r and younger to q and s has three older brothers.
q) who are the twins? s, t
q) who is the oldest and youngest? q, (s&t)
There are 7 people who take a test among which M is the worst, R is disqualified, P and S obtain same marks, T scores less than S and Q scores less than P, N scores higher than every one.
Ans : N P S T Q R M (may be, just check) or N S P T Q R M
C & UNIX
19. What does chmod 654 stand for.
Ans : _rw_r_xr__
20. Which of following is used for back-up files?
(a) compress (b) Tar (c) make (d) all the above
Ans : b
21 what does find command do ? Ans : search a file
22. what does " calloc" do?
Ans : A memory allocation and initialising to zero.
23 what does exit() do?
Ans : come out of executing programme.
24. what is the value of 'i'?
Ans : 1
printf("%old %old %old %old ",i, i++,i--,i++);
Ans : check the answer.
26. Using pointer, changing A to B and B to A is Swapping the function using two address and one temperory variable. a,b are address, t is temporary variable. How function look like?
Ans : swap(int *, int *, int )
27. In 'o' how are the arguments passed?
Ans : by value.
28. Find the prototype of sine function.
Ans : extern double sin(double)
29. Scope of a global variable which is declared as static?
ans : File
30. ASCII problem
Ans : 6
32. what is the o/p printf(" Hello o is the world ");
Ans : Hello is the world.
33. Clarifying the concept addresses used over array ; ie changing the address of a base element produces what error?
34. child process -- fork
child shell -- sh
35. Answer are lex 7 yacc & man read these things in UNIX
36. What is
int *p(char (*s))
Ans : p is a function which is returning a pointer to integer which takes arguments as pointer to array of characters.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.