Papers Of Cadence (B I T Mesara)
THERE WERE MANY QUESTION FROM CADENCE
10 Questions were from s/w and 10 from h/w and rest 50 Questions were from Aptitude. Total time allotted was 75 min. Most of them were of GRE type.
There were some Questions in figures, ie find the next figure Also find the odd one out, among some figures etc, jumbled words, refer to some IMS material on non verbal figurative test. then there were paragraph based Questions with some meanings also, comprehension Questions, also some Questions on suffix and prefix eg BEG__SIDE is given, 'IN' if filled in the blanks give two words BEGIN and INSIDE, like that. Till then you should prepare thoroughly for aptitude :
1. In order and preorder trees (expressions) are given and post order tree ( expression) is to be found out.
2. given a grammar, in which some productions of if then else etc were given. you had to choose one option that can be derived out of the grammar.
5. how many flip flops you require for modulo 33 counter.( )
Ans: 6 f/f
6. 7 bit ring counter's initial state is 0100010. after how many clock cycles will it return to the initial state.(6 cycles)
7. some boolesn expression of the form x'y'z' + yz + .. ( something like this) find the simplified expression
8. given 6 bit mantissa in 2s complement form and 4 bit exponent is inexcess-4 form in a floating point representation, find the number
Ans -(something) * ( 2 to the power 3)
9. A signed no is stored in 10-bit register, what is the max and min possible value of the number. 2^10 - 1.....max -2^10 ......min A few apti qs are follows......
10. A room is 30 X 12 X 12. a spider is not the middle of the smaller wall, 1 feet from the top, and a fly is ont he middle of the opposite wall 1 feet from the bottom. what is the min distance read for the spider to crawl to the fly.( )
11. A man while going down in a escalator which is moving down) takes 50 steps to reach down and while going up takes 250 steps. If he goes 5 times faster upwards than downwards. What will be the total no of steps if the escalator weren't moving.
Ans 150 steps
12. 2/3 of corckery(plates) are broken, 1/2 have some other thing handle) broken , 1/4 are both broken and handle broken. Ultimately only 2 pieces of corckery were without any defect. How many crockery were there in total.
13.int y int x
printf("%d", x); printf("%d",y);
what would be the o/p of the code.
i a queue four elements a,b,c,d are there ,a=head
now following operations are performed
2, insertion of w and then x
3. again deletion
4. insertion of y
what is the format of the queue
15. configuration of four nand gates forming a XOR gate, but replace the last nand gate with a NOR gate.find the output expression.
17.few expressions were given , which one is equivalent to NOR x and y
Ans. c) [(x NAND x) NAND (y NAND y) NAND [(x NAND x) NAND (y NAND y)]
18. there were 6 boys and 6 girls . how many ways they can be arranged in a pair.
19. 15*/+120+*9/8 convert into postfix and calculate
20. meanings of word
infallability(antonym) -> mistakingly
conjurations (synonym): incantation
22. ring _ _ _ ater
fill in the dash with three letter to form a meaning
23. willing _ _ _ _ sports. (four letter word)
23. there was a question in which few incomplete letters were given and we have to complete with three letters so that they all form a meaningful word.
wh_ _ _
r_ _ _
24. complete the series
12 8 14 7 16 _
Ans : 6
25.operator overloading in c++ is
Ans.provide operators with user defined functions.
26. [ : E THEN CIRCLE INSIDE A CIRCLE IS: -----
ANS CIRCLE WITH A DASH AS A RADIUS.
27. A GEOMETRICL QUESTION WITH TRIANGLE IN A QUADRANT(can not draw the figure)
28. question regarding tyre and its properties.
Ans: tyre is rubber and flexible.
29. HOW MANY ZEROS IN BINARY EQUIVALENT OF 15*10^9+4*2^5+3
(check for expression , but ans. is correct )
36. WHAT IS THE CONDITION OF B&C FOR OUTPUT TO BE ----
36. there is a 4:1 mux. obtain fn (B' OR (A' XOR C)) when control inputs are A(LSB) & B(MSB), what should be the inputs (I0, I1, I2, I3).
ANS: 1 1 C' C
37. excess 3 code of nos. 0 to 9 is given by nos ABCD
1 . ...9 ...
FIND The minimized function?
38. 21 base A-K,ie A=10, B=11, .. K=20 What is the Octal equivalent of KA?
39. odd man out
Ans d) jumbled letters for penguin
40. Odd man out
Ans) jumbled for carpet
41) one simple question wherein a rectangle is inscribed in a circle and one of the diagonal is to be found...which is the radius of the circle...hence the
Ans is 10.
42) there is a treeking team which takes a halt after 10 hours and the leadership changes after 5 hours. leadership changes in alphabetical order...kamala is leading now with mary ,malti, ---and sita...who will lead after two rests.
43) in a machine a flating point number is represented n 2's complement mantissa 6 MSB exponent 4 LSB(excess 4 form) then 01101_0111(10 bits)
Ans .656 * 2exp(-3)