Paper: Cadence Placement Paper (Technical-C & Unix)
C & UNIX
1. What does chmod 654 stand for.
2. Which of following is used for back-up files?
(a) compress (b) Tar (c) make (d) all the above Ans : b
3. what does find command do ? Ans : search a file
4. what does " calloc" do?
Ans : A memory allocation and initializing to zero.
5. what does exit() do?
Ans : come out of executing programme.
6. what is the value of 'i'?
Ans : 1
printf("%old %old %old %old ",i, i++,i--,i++);
8. Using pointer, changing A to B and B to A is Swapping the function using two address and one temporary variable. a,b are address, t is temporary variable. How function look like?
Ans : swap(int *, int *, int )
9. In 'o' how are the arguments passed?
ans : by value.
10. Find the prototype of sine function.
Ans : extern double sin(double)
11. Scope of a global variable which is declared as static?
ans : File
12. ASCII problem
ans : 6
13. what is the o/p
printf(" Hello o is the world ");
Ans : Hello is the world.
14. Clarifying the concept addresses used over array ; ie changing the address of a base element produces what error?
15. child process -- fork
child shell -- sh
16. Answer are lex 7 yacc & man read these things in UNIX
17. What is int *p(char (*s))
Ans : p is a function which is returning a pointer to integer which takes arguments as pointer to array of characters