General Awareness: Practice Paper For Andhra Bank Exams
1. FIFA World Cup 2010 will be organized in .
(c) South Africa
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the core areas identified under the Bharat Nirman Programme?
(b) Rural electrification
(c) Computer education in Schools
(d) Rural Housing
3. As per the reports published in the newspapers, which of the following countries is first in the production of gold jewellery?
4. All day-to-day functions of the Panchayat in which of the following states are being operated on electronic system and are web-based?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
5. The World Sports Award ceremony was held recently in .
6. Marion Jones is a well-known .
(a) Badminton player
(b) Tennis player
7. Which of the following terms is NOT related with the game of hockey?
(a) Soda line
8. Alan Garcia, whose name was recently in the news, is the .
(a) Prime Minister of Peru
(b) President of Peru
(c) Prime Minister of Italy
(d) President of Italy
9. In which of the following states one village in each block is being developed as a model village?
(a) J & K
(b) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
10. Which of the following countries has the largest stock of foreign exchange reserves in the world?
11. Who amongst the following is the author of the book The City of Joy?
(a) Dominique Lapierre
(b) Guenter Grass
(c) Daniel Steele
(d) Graham Greene
12. The Basel II Accord for Banking Industry is based on three pillars. Which of the following is/are NOT included in the same?
(1) Minimum Capital Requirement (2) Supervisory Review
(3) Market Discipline (4) Credit Risk
(a) Only 1
(b) Both 1 and 3
(c) Only 4
(d) Only 1, 2 and 3
13. Mr Percy Sonn, who is the newly appointed President of the International Cricket Council (ICC), if from which of the following countries?
(a) South Africa
(c) New Zealand
14. The 9th National e-Governance Conference was recently organized in .
(a) New Delhi
15. Who amongst the following is the author of the book Bearder-My Life in Cricket?
(a) Shane Warne
(b) Bill Frindall
(c) Brain Lara
(d) Imran Khan
16. Mr Ramjrishna Suryabhanji Gavai has recently taken over as the Governor of .
(a) West Bengal
(b) Madhya Pradesh
17. Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan states are planning to link which of the following two rivers?
(c) Narmada-Kali Sindh
(d) Chambal-Kali Sindh
18. Why was Vijay Nambiar's name recently in the news?
(a) He has taken over as the new Cabinet Secretary, Govt of India.
(b) He will be our permanent representative in the UNO.
(c) He has taken over as the Undersecretary-General in the UNO.
(d) He is new Foreign Secretary, Govt. of India.
19. 'Sheqel' is the currency of .
20. Which of the following countries recently test-fired a series of missiles?
(b) South Korea
(c) North Korea
21. Which of the following is True about Prime Minister's Rozgar Yojana (PMRY)?
(1) Youth of the age of 18-45 years are eligible for taking loan under the scheme.
(2) Loans are possible only for non-agricultural activities in rural/semi-urban areas.
(3) In the 10th plan about 16.5 lakh persons are likely to get employment under this scheme.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 3
(d) Only 3
22. Who amongst the following was adjudged best actress in the 7th IIFA Award ceremony held in Dubai?
(a) Lara Dutta
(b) Priyanka Chopra
(d) Rani Mukherjee
23. Indian exports recorded an increase in May 2006. What was the increase in terms of percentage?
24. Which of the following cups/trophics is associated with the game of volleyball?
(a) Indian Cup
(b) Ramanujam Trophy
(c) Lincoln Trophy
(d) Dhyanchand Trophy
25. Who amongst the following is the first Chairman of the newly constituted National Statistical Commission?
(a) Prof. Suresh D Tendhulkar
(b) Dr. Ashok Lahiri
(c) Dr. Rakesh Mohan
(d) Prof. SK Ghosh
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.