Accenture Placement Paper Held On 7th August 2006 (Analytical & Verbal)
Paper: Accenture Placement Paper Held On 7th August 2006 (Analytical & Verbal)
Section 1 - Verbal Ability :- No.of Quesrions:20 Durarion in Minutes: 20
Directions for Questions 1-3:
Choose the option which will correctly fill the blank.
1) I am writing to enquire _________the possibility of hiring a conference room at the hotel on the 2nd of September.
A) Of B) About C) Into D) After
2) _________ having her lunch, she stood - the tree and waited _______ him.
A) With, below, for
B) After, under, for
C) Inside, further, to
D) About, across, into
3) The microscopic animals are the primary food for larval cod and their decline has meant that fewer fish are making it to adulthood to be caught_________ trawler men.
A) In B) Into C) By D) With
Directions for Questions 4-6:
Choose the word nearest in meaning to the word in ITALICS from the given options.
4) The jacket is impervious to water.
A) Dirty B) Pure C) Impenetrable D) Favorable
5) Chandan was chagrined with the continuous disruption of the power supply to his home.
A) Delighted B) Creation C) Peeved D) Security
6) The latest ordinance issued by the government has provided the bank with two options.
A) Decision B) Law C) Opinion D) Verdict
Directions for Questions 7-10:
Choose the answer option which will correctly fill the blank.
7)_________ great writer is convinced that whatever he says is not an echo or imitation of what others have said.
D) No article required
8) ________ Reserve Bank of India directed banks to closely watch _______spending through International Debit Cards.
A)A,the B) The, the C) The, a . D) .-
9) The officer received _____ official letter from _____ Ministry of IT in _____ Central Government.
A) A, the, an
C) An, the, the
B) A, an, the
D) An, an, the
10) You CANNOT send out ______uneducated man into ______ world of technology and expect him to perform.
A) An, an B) A, an C ) An, the D) The, an
Directions for Questions 11-15:
Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
Microprocessor is an electronic computer Central Processing Unit (CPU) made from miniaturized transistors and other circuit elements on a single semiconductor Integrated Circuit (IC). Before the advent of microprocessors, electronic CPUs were made from individual small-scale Integrated Circuits
containing the equivalent of only a few transistors. By integrating the processor onto one or a very few large-scale Integrated Circuit packages (containing the equivalent of thousands or millions of discrete transistors), the cost of processor power was greatly reduced. The evolution of microprocessors has been known to follow Moore's Law when it comes to steadily increasing performance over the years. This law suggests that the complexity of an Integrated Circuit with respect to minimum component cost will double in about 18 months. From humble beginnings as the drivers for calculators, the continued increase in power has led to the dominance of microprocessors over every other form of computer; every system from the largest mainframes to the smallest handheld computers now uses a microprocessor at their core. .As with many advances in technology, the microprocessor was an idea whose time had come. Three projects arguably delivered a complete microprocessor at about the same time: Intel's 4004, Texas Instruments' TMS1000, and Garrett AiResearch's Central Air Data Computer. .
A computer-on-a-chip is a variation of a microprocessor, which combines the microprocessor core (CPU), some memory, and I/O (input/output) lines, all on one chip. The proper meaning of microcomputer is a computer using a (number of) microprocessor(s) as its CPU(s), while the concept of the patent is somewhat more similar to a micro controller.
11) Which of the following descriptions would NOT fit a microprocessor?
A) Electronic computer
B) Central Processing Unit
C) Memory disk
D) A single integrated chip circuit.
12) Select the TRUE statement from the following.
A) 11icroprocessors and computers on a chip are variations of each other.
B) Integration of processing power on chips has made processing power cheaper.
C) Before microprocessors, CPUs were not made from individual small scale ICs.
D) A microprocessor circuit only has transistors in it.
13) Which of the following was NOT the first to develop a microprocessor?
C) Texas Instruments
14) According to the passage, which of these is NOT a use of microprocessors?
A) Drivers for calculators
B) Core for large mainframes
C) Advanced mobile phones
D) Used for small handheld computers
15) "A number of microprocessors at its CPU" is an apt description of a:
Directions for Questions 16-20:
Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
Dynamic Link Libraries
Windows provides several files called dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that contain collections of software code that perform common functions such as opening or saving a file. When Windows application wants to use one of those functions or routines, the app sends a message to Windows with the names of the DLL file and the function. This procedure is known as calling a function. One of the most frequently used DLLs is Windows COMMDLG.DLL, which includes among others, the functions to display File Open, File Save, Search, and Print dialog boxes. The application also sends any information the DLL function will need to complete the operation. For example, a program calling the Open File function in COMMDLG.DLL would pass along a file spec, such as *. * or *.DOC, to be displayed in the dialog box's Filename text box. The application also passes along a specification for the type of information it expects the DLL to return to the application when the DLL's work is done. The application, for example, may expect return information in the form of integers, true/false values, or text. Windows passes the responsibility for program execution to the DLL, along with the parameters and the return information the DLL will need. The specific DLL is loaded into memory, and then executed by the processor. At this point the DLL, rather than the application, runs things. The DLL performs all the operations necessary to communicate with Windows and, through Windows, with the PC's hardware. After the DLL function is complete, the DLL puts the return information into
memory, where it can be found by the application, and instructs Windows to remove the DLL routine from memory. The application inspects the return information, which usually tells whether the DLL function was able to execute correctly. If the operation was a success, the application continues from where it left off before issuing the function call. If the operation failed, the application displays an error message.
16) By using DLLs, Windows:
A) Saves processing time
C) Shares program code
D) Communicates with PCs hardware
17) To use any routine of a DLL, Windows:
A) Searches and copies it in the application code and executes it
B) Loads the DLL file and searches and executes the routine
C) Loads just the required routine in memory and executes it
D) Searches the location of the routine and instructs the application to execute it
18) Which information does an application need to pass to Windows to use a DLL routine?
A) Just the name of the routine
B) Just the name of the DLL, which finds in turn the routine to be executed in return
C) Both the name of the routine as well as DLL and any parameters
D) Name of the DLL, routine, any parameters and type of information to be returned
19) According to the passage, while the DLL routine is executing, the calling application:
A) Waits for the routine to execute
B) Continues with other tasks
C) Helps the DLL routine perform by communicating with Windows and through Windows with the PC's hardware
D) Passes all responsibility of program execution to the DLL and is removed from memory
20) The DLL function after execution returns:
A) The parameters and information into memory, where it can be inspected by the calling application
B) Information into memory, where it can be inspected by the calling application
C) To the calling application the information required by it so that it can inspect it
D) The information required into memory so that DLL can inspect whether the function operation was a success
Section 2 -Analytical Ability :- No. of Questions: 20 Duration in Minutes: 20
21) 70 students are required to paint a picture. 52 use green color and some children use red, 38 students use both the colors. How many students use red color?
A) 24 B) 42 C) 56 D)70
22) At an international conference, 100 delegates spoke English, 40 spoke French, and 20 spoke both English and French. How many delegates could speak at least one of these two languages?
A) 110 B) 100 C) 140 D) 120
23) A group of 50 students were required to clear 2 tasks, one in rock-climbing and the other in bridge crossing during an adventure sports expedition. 30 students cleared both the tasks. 37 cleared bridge crossing, 38 students cleared rock climbing. How many students could not clear any task?
A)0 B)3 C)5 D) 9
24)A dance instructor conducts annual workshops in which he holds sessions for basic learners and trainers. In a particular year, 2000 people attended the workshop. 1500 participated as learners and 800 as trainers. How many participated as only trainers?
A) 200 B) 500 C) 800 D) 1500
25) In a group of 400 readers who read science fiction or literacy works or both, 250 read science fiction and 230 read literacy works. How many read both science fiction and literacy works?
A) 80 B) 160 C) 220 D) 400
26) A man said to a lady, ''Your mother's husband's sister is my aunt." How is the lady related to the man?
B) Grand daughter
27) A man is facing west. He turns 45degree in the clockwise direction and then another 180 degree in the same direction and then 270 degree in the anticlockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
A) South B) North-West C) West D) South-West
28) In a row of 60, if Ram is standing at 17th from the first, what is his position from the last?
A) 25 B) 43 C)44 D) 45
29) A man is facing northwest. He turns 90 degrees in the clockwise direction and then 135degrees in the anti-clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
A) East B) West C) North D) South
30) What three letter word best completes the below words?
VA - __E
- - _ER
A) STR B)TER C) CAT D) \fAT
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.